• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Not ready for spring yet

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Today is the first day of spring and I'm not ready.
I really really want to experience a couple more good storms.

Just saying.......

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's a good bet we'll get at least a few more. I hear tell there's someone in the area who would put you guys up.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Spring... we never even had Winter here. :nono:

How many days did you get in? Here in the Midwest December sucked, January was great, first week in February was great, then temps went back to the 60s and 70s. So we had about 6 weeks of winter...probably about 1/2 of normal.

Of course yesterday it snowed hard at times but too little too late.
image.jpeg

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Eastern Massachusetts (and I believe most of southern New England) is due to get 4-8" tonight... That would be the biggest storm we've received this "winter".

ErikL

AKA Bro12
Skier
Honestly, I'm feeling ready to get back on my bike. Skiing will take priority for the next month while lifts are running, but I'm also looking forward to long, tough, technical climbs and bombing fun downhills on my mountain bike. I haven't touched a non-trainer-attached bike since October and I'm ready for that to change. The local trails are drying out and looking super rideable now.

Last edited:

Tico

Putting on skis
Skier
It's going to be a normal or better spring in the pnw. My favorite time of year for corn.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Yesterday at A-Basin felt like winter. But I am ready for some heavy snows to pad the base for spring skiing.
We need it.
:crossfingers:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm aiming for one more ski day this Saturday. I have two pairs of retro skis that I'd like to take for a few laps and see how they ski.
Weather permitting, I will drive up to Appalachian Saturday morning for a couple hours in the slush then call it a season.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm aiming for one more ski day this Saturday. I have two pairs of retro skis that I'd like to take for a few laps and see how they ski.
Weather permitting, I will drive up to Appalachian Saturday morning for a couple hours in the slush then call it a season.
It's snowing up there right now. I guess they didn't get the memo from Mother Nature about Spring.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Saw this on Facebook from Timberline yesterday!
image.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
While we were skiing today, my friend commented that it's March 20. I did a double take. It's what?? About a month till Breck closes ... that's way too soon for comfort.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm usually itching to leave tahoe, spend some quality desert time in tahoe and make some real money right about now but this winter i dont want to end. Four more weeks im told

Sponsor