• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

my favorite time of year

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
Hi all,

I am truly excited about this season. This season I plan on skiing at least 30 days. Being from oklahoma that will be a great season for me. Most of the trips will be crested butte, wolf creek, and monarch. We are looking at joining the okc ski club as well. We typical ski 90 percent blues and black.

I have skied almost all the big resorts but tend to gravitate to the local mountains. We went to monarch last year and like it a lot as a family. What other resorts should I look at. Cooper?

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Copper is a great mountain that would give you a lot of terrain variety. It's pretty cool how the terrain is naturally divided from the green side to the black side.

TS
djetok

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
trips booked so for
crested - springbreak with the fam
Wolf Creek - Jan 5th - 8th
Wolf Creek -Jan 25th-28th
Copper Feb 9-15(corp retreat with our wives)

looking at sliding a taos in feb a couple of times dependent on snow. I have never failed with snow at WC in Jan. My business partner and I are gonna try to get to WC mid dec but not confirmed yet

16 days confirmed - 14 days more to hit my goal

In 4 more years I hit 50 and I'm selling everything I own and moving to the mountains. Is it bad that I'm looking forward to my 50th birthday?

Last edited:

HDSkiing

You’re Sliding On-Snow; Don’t Over-Think it!
Skier
trips booked so for
crested - springbreak with the fam
Wolf Creek - Jan 5th - 8th
Wolf Creek -Jan 25th-28th
Copper Feb 9-15(corp retreat with our wives)

looking at sliding a taos in feb a couple of times dependent on snow. I have never failed with snow at WC in Jan. My business partner and I are gonna try to get to WC mid dec but not confirmed yet

16 days confirmed - 14 days more to hit my goal

In 4 more years I hit 50 and I'm selling everything I own and moving to the mountains. Is it bad that I'm looking forward to my 50th birthday?

If your headed to Taos you also might look at Ski Santa Fe, my home mountain. I’ve had a lot of students who come from OK and it seems (depending on where in OK they are driving from) that we are a closer drive than other places in CO and at lower prices. Ski Santa Fe is not a destination resort but there are plenty of really nice places in Santa Fe (16 miles down the mountain). There are some ski packages available. Typically Santa Fe has the same snow conditions/weather as Taos. Late season dumps at both seem more common than early season ones. Holidays get really busy here as well as most weekends, but not a problem if you get up there early and like the upper mountain.

Have fun getting your 30 days in. That seems to be a cool plan, hitting so many areas. I’ll be going to Breckenridge, Keystone and Winter Park for clinics, maybe some others in late spring. I still get a charge out of visiting different areas and experiencing the local vibe.

TS
djetok

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
20171006_165142.jpg 20171006_165142.jpg
If your headed to Taos you also might look at Ski Santa Fe, my home mountain. I’ve had a lot of students who come from OK and it seems (depending on where in OK they are driving from) that we are a closer drive than other places in CO and at lower prices. Ski Santa Fe is not a destination resort but there are plenty of really nice places in Santa Fe (16 miles down the mountain). There are some ski packages available. Typically Santa Fe has the same snow conditions/weather as Taos. Late season dumps at both seem more common than early season ones. Holidays get really busy here as well as most weekends, but not a problem if you get up there early and like the upper mountain.

Have fun getting your 30 days in. That seems to be a cool plan, hitting so many areas. I’ll be going to Breckenridge, Keystone and Winter Park for clinics, maybe some others in late spring. I still get a charge out of visiting different areas and experiencing the local vibe.
Yes we went twice last year you guys had a lot of snow compared to the rest of nm

Adult skis waxed and ready to go just have 2 more skis and a snowboard togo

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online