• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

More doors or more wheels?

Which are there more of?

• Wheels

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Doors

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
One of those trending topics. What do you think? Are there more wheels or doors in the world?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Depending on how you define "wheel", every single door could have multiple wheels associated with it. (For some very liberal definition of "wheel".)

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Depending on how you define "wheel", every single door could have multiple wheels associated with it. (For some very liberal definition of "wheel".)

You mean like pocket, and sliding doors, right :ogbiggrin: Lever door handles have become more popular as of late.

Seriously, though, taking into consideration the many places in the world that wheeled vehicles ( including bikes) are not ubiquitous. and a door is a door no matter the material it's made of. I'd say doors.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Oh no, please no. This is all the rage right now amongst the teen set. I've heard all the reasonings.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

And if gears are also wheels, every watch and every clock and every automatic gearbox is worth umpteen dozen camel-rider and donkey-rider houses. And every turbine has at least two wheels in it.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And if gears are also wheels, every watch and every clock and every automatic gearbox is worth umpteen dozen camel-rider and donkey-rider houses. And every turbine has at least two wheels in it.
Are valves doors?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Big door keep on swingin'
Valve gear keep on skippin'
Swingin', swingin', swing into the tochas
Swingin', swingin', swing into the tochas

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Yeah I am thinking if you open up (ahem) the definition of door to anything that allows something to go into something else, doors win. Cellular organisms have lots of doors.

Right up to the point to where we spin the definition of wheel to any body where part of that body maintains a defined range of radii but not a specific range of angular orientations to a center. Cellular organisms have more atoms than doors.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
It was about a tossup for my house, until I remembered all the toy cars and trucks my grandkids have here, and a whole shelf full of built and unbuilt model cars stashed in a closet upstairs. I've got about twice or more as many wheels as doors, but the doors get used more often.

James

Out There
Instructor
I thought the ad was part of the question.
So, without counting, I thought there were more 2 door cars than 4. So more wheels.

775648C9-86C7-4648-A65C-378B3DA8CB32.jpeg

A door hinge is not a wheel .
The larger question is kind of dumb, but if it keeps kids thinking, fine.

James

Out There
Instructor
A) Is a trunk lid a door? B) Is a steering wheel a wheel?
A) Only when putting bodies in. Then it’s a “trap door” ex post facto. So, generally no.

B) Has the word “wheel” in it, so that’s a good sign.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A) Only when putting bodies in. Then it’s a “trap door” ex post facto. So, generally no.

B) Has the word “wheel” in it, so that’s a good sign.
Yes, then you get into a "wheel of cheese" type examples.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Counting cupboards etc as doors and castors etc as wheels I still go doors. Steering wheel isn't a wheel in my definition as not designed to rotate completely. A mill wheel would be a wheel. Cogs and gears and flywheels maybe push it in favour of wheels.

Sidenote I understand Lego is the biggest tyre manufacturer in the world.

The question isn't dumb - it's exactly the sort of question asked in interviews at top learning institutions - the purpose really being about how a candidate clarifies or assumes around the possibilities.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Unless its for competition like speech or forensics I think its a bad interview question.

While perhaps all the rage preinternet 20years ago, now it would only tell you if an applicant has studied/prepped or memorized the best rated answers / trick answers/expected approach for these lateral/trick /case study questions.

James

Out There
Instructor
If an object has the word wheel in it then it’s a no brainer to just give it to it. So yeah, a cheese wheel counts.
That’s less ridiculous then claiming a cylinder, a door hinge pin, (and many of those are capped), is a wheel.

“I call it ‘the wheel’!”
- What does it do?
“It rolls!”
Neeeh, so does a bagel. A bagel I can eat!

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Oh yeah I agree pointless in the internet age of google doping.

My friend's preferred question - if you could teleport anywhere in the world without limit but each time you had a 20% chance of irreversibly ending up with the head of a donkey would you join the programme?

Sponsor

Staff online