• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Meet up in BC/Idaho/Montana in February

Pacobillie

Putting on skis
Skier
I am headed out west for a week of skiing on February 8, 2018. I will go and ski wherever the snow will be. Flying to Cranbrook, BC. Potential ski destinations within 3 hours of driving include Fernie (BC), Schweitzer (Idaho), Panorama (BC), Kicking Horse (BC), and Whitefish (Montana). Please let me know if you would like to join up for a day (or two) of skiing. FWIW, I am a 58 year old advanced skier. I like powder, crud, steeps and tree skiing but I typically stay away from the really scary stuff. I can also be happy railing groomers.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I will be in BC in Feb, flying into Calgary after driving from CA the last three years. But my first ski day will not be until 2/16 and will most likely be Revelstoke so I don't think we'll overlap. We plan to get to Fernie, but will re-route if they are getting warm storms.

Don't forget about Castle Mountain, which is also less than three hours drive from Cranbrook. A ongoing trip report is at https://forum.pugski.com/threads/kicking-horse-vs-fernie-next-week-1-3.7820

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
I might be able to join on a weekend if the resort is within striking distance of Calgary.

TS
P

Pacobillie

Putting on skis
Skier
And is your lady coming?

@Fuller and his wife will be here that entire month.

I will be alone this time around.

If I do hit Whitefish, I will make sure to let you know. It was very pleasant to ski with you in 2015, "avalanche" notwithstanding!

TS
P

Pacobillie

Putting on skis
Skier
I will be in BC in Feb, flying into Calgary after driving from CA the last three years. But my first ski day will not be until 2/16 and will most likely be Revelstoke so I don't think we'll overlap. We plan to get to Fernie, but will re-route if they are getting warm storms.

Don't forget about Castle Mountain, which is also less than three hours drive from Cranbrook. A ongoing trip report is at https://forum.pugski.com/threads/kicking-horse-vs-fernie-next-week-1-3.7820

We will not overlap. Indeed, I am departing on the 15th.

I will check out Castle, but my understanding is that it is on the other (eastern) side of the Continental Divide, and driving there entails going over a high mountain pass. It will depend on weather and the quality of the tires on the rental car.

Sponsor

Staff online