• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Loveland Blue moguls?

jwn1

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi, A friend wants to improve his bump skiing. I usually recommend something like Copperfield and Moz at Copper for doing this. But he has a Loveland pass and its been years since I have been there. Is there a similar location at Loveland?

Thanks

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Off Chets:
  • Nix Nox (skiers left, usually)
  • Upper Richards (short, sometimes firm/scratchy)
  • Tempest
Off Ptarmigan:
  • Skiers left of Firecut
Off 4:
  • Scrub (might be a bit steeper than ideal, but tends to be softer)

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Hi, A friend wants to improve his bump skiing. I usually recommend something like Copperfield and Moz at Copper for doing this. But he has a Loveland pass and its been years since I have been there. Is there a similar location at Loveland?

Thanks

IIRC, those are fairly mellow, barely bumped, ungroomed runs at Copper. That can be found here and there at LL, but really the best bumps for improving are probably skier's left on Firecut. They don't groom that half of Firecut and they're decently sized good bumps on a mellow blue pitch. Nix Nox is a bit more of a handful on the bottom half if you're not a semi-accomplished bump skier. Scrub can sometimes have the best bumps on the mountain (a day or two after a storm) or the worst (it gets a lot of sun). They usually don't have the rhythm of Nix Nox or Firecut, but stay close to skiing the line under lift #4 and they can be OK.

LL isn't really known for great bump skiing (go to MJ for that), it's more about having a lot of off-piste terrain inbounds with plenty of soft snow to be found days after a storm.

Firecut bumps:

Sponsor

Staff online