• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for race videos southern hemisphere

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
There are all kinds of FIS races going on in Chile, New Zealand and other parts of the southern hemisphere. But I haven't been able to find any videos or live streams. I looked all over Youtube, Vimeo, FIS websites, Google... any ideas or links?

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Well, the reality is that there are FIS races, Continental Cup, NorAm's and Europa Cup races that are packed on the calendar in both hemispheres once the respective seasons are underway. I can't recall even the biggest, like NorAm finals or really any North American FIS races ever being streamed live, or even available on line later, let alone on some form of television broadcast.

The "bigger" South American series are a bit different in that some {a very few} World Cup regulars do occasionally race. A few. Nothing like a regular field. And to my knowledge none of the venues are really set up to broadcast from.

I've had our adult kids traveling to both NZ and Chile for long blocks of time, for 15 plus years, first as athletes, then and now as coaches. Basically, I have seen short snippets and sections of various courses, with a few of their teammates or kids. Nothing like a full length broadcast, no timing, etc.

Have seen some marketing/PR stuff put out by the NZ and Aus federations, which might show a few athletes skiing six or so turns....and rarely shot from the right location.

If anybody in NZ, Aus, Chile or Argentina has a source, I'd love to hear of it. Love to watch the stuff. I'll ask around as well.

Last edited:

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not exactly what you're looking for Cheizz,and it's in Swedish .., but Mattias has quite a few nice pictures from NZ – bunch of WC Swedes just came back from there. A few of the girls did FIS race there (just one I think). Men did some kind of event race in paralell where apperently quite a few WC:ers raced. (Chudonsky on 3:rd).

http://mattiashargin.com/

Moses

Booting up
Skier
They're just soft races, useful for racers from SES nations to get some decent points in the early points lists so they have better starts in Europe (which requires a few very low point skiers to race). Small fields of skiers from all over the world. Not televised or streamed anywhere but there is live timing on the FIS site if you're desperate!

Sponsor

Staff online