• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Is it ski season yet? Noob here

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Greetings all. Been lurking here a while, excited enough about upcoming season I decided to join. I split my time between the coasts so when in NJ I usually ski Windham, Belleayre, and a smattering of NH/VT areas. My west coast base is PDX so I usually ski at Meadows or Skibowl. Bought a MAX pass this year which covers my east coast faves pretty well. Out west, it means heading to Bachelor or Crystal. The horror. I have a ski timeshare in the Alpenland ski region of Austria as well. Normally ski 20-30 days a year. Hoping my knees let me do more this year. Looking to pick up all sorts of info from the folks here.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sounds like you have the schedule figured out. Maybe you should give us some lifestyle tips.

My back has been pretty bad so I've been staying in shape bike riding and hiking a few mountains. Come October I'm going back to pullups and core work; hopefully it helps rather than hinders. Maybe swimming at the Y for a couple months would be a better approach.

Sponsor

Staff online