• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico IKON Reservations Question

fundad77

Aspiring Ski Bum
Skier
I am considering buying an IKON pass this year specially to go to Taos and Jackson Hole which both require reservations. I will be skiing six days at Taos and five at JH for a total of 11 days. My questions are how many days can you reserve at once and how many days in advance do you need to reserve to be safe. Looking at Taos first week of February and JH last week of February so not a lot of time in between. Thanks.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I am considering buying an IKON pass this year specially to go to Taos and Jackson Hole which both require reservations. I will be skiing six days at Taos and five at JH for a total of 11 days. My questions are how many days can you reserve at once and how many days in advance do you need to reserve to be safe. Looking at Taos first week of February and JH last week of February so not a lot of time in between. Thanks.
Taos no longer will be requiring reservations (and is also only available on the Base Plus or full Ikon, not the Base pass).

I've never seen an issue getting a reservation at a few places a few weeks in advance - and usually only for weekend days. I don't know what the reservation limit is, but I've had 12 days reserved at a time.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve also had good luck getting last minute reservations (ex. night before) when previously unavailable as people cancel or the resort adds availability.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Last year, when Taos required reservations, I had a day I couldn't get one. My plans changed, so I needed to change a reserved day about a week ahead of time. I coulnd't get the new day (a Friday).

I originally made my reservations well ahead of time and had no problems then.

I thought about waiting and trying for last minute availablity, but I didn't want the uncertainty.

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
I waited until about a week or two in advance to make reservations at Jackson Hole over President's Day and was unable to secure them so we went elsewhere. I have seen Jackson Hole sold out several times this season but I doubt it would be a problem if you planned 2 or 3 weeks in advance (except perhaps Christmas).

Sponsor

Staff online