• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hockey 2023-2024

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I went to 5 Rockies games last year. I don't think the stadium was half full. I mean, they are awful.

But there's a ton to do almost everywhere that has a sports team (ok, I don't know what Winnipeg is like, but ... ) there's a ton to do in the GTA, or Boston, or New York, or Philadelphia, etc. Sports are just a bigger part of the social fabric in other places than in Colorado. Even the Broncos fandom is pretty weak compared to a lot of other places.
Yes, watching sports is a big part of a lot of those places. Add Chicago to your list too. DOING sports (or just playing outside) is big here, that's what I meant. I lived on the East Coast for a decade, don't worry, I know what I'm saying. It's why every fucking go-getter has been moving here and making our housing prices skyrocket, crowding our roads, don't even get me started. On one hand I appreciate it, because it admire go-getters. You're the one who pointed out that we don't care as much the big cities, I'm just saying why that is. Thank goodness. Being a sports fan in those other places looks horrible. And everyone is fat.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Winnipeg... Eesh...:geek::eek::ogbiggrin::roflmao:
Commentator tonight said Connor Hellebuyck = Clayton Kershaw, and holy cow he nailed it.

Also,
BBF9F953-B511-4388-8EDD-15244B290EDE_1_102_a.jpeg

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
As for the Rockies, they always have way more fans than they should. "Attendance at Coors Field never wavers. Maybe this is because Coors Field is ranked as having some of the best stadium food in the country or because of the cheap ticket prices. However, the team’s lowest-attended games are still higher than other MLB teams’ averages for the entire season."

But I see they are down to around 24K so far this year, which is a big drop.

James

Out There
Instructor
Rangers looking good. Igor seems hot and cold. First goal let in, maybe he was screened , cause on tv it was a head scratcher.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
The East was always four great teams, the Leafs, then the rest. I didn't expect any surprises in the East. The West is slightly different. I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off the Vancouver and Edmonton wagons. Looks like Winnipeg's have fallen off...

James

Out There
Instructor
The East was always four great teams, the Leafs, then the rest. I didn't expect any surprises in the East. The West is slightly different. I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off the Vancouver and Edmonton wagons. Looks like Winnipeg's have fallen off...
Wait, the Leaf’s are great now??
Maybe someone should tell them.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Wait, the Leaf’s are great now??
Maybe someone should tell them.
No they were the fifth team... Slightly ahead of the rest of the swamp... They have a chance of upsetting one of the good four. But I don't think anyone figured the rest had a chance

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Nope, Toronto is done again. That last period was awful. Like an AHL team.. there will be some moves this summer. Coach will be gone I suspect. I can't help but think playing in Toronto doesn't help. It's not that the players are terrible. Toronto funk.. wonder if they're reading the six clubs in the bag thread already...

Sponsor