• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help in Park City for Narrow Ankles/Feet Need Custom Boot Fitter w good selection

Aecswede

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
hello all. I'm new to the forum and have been doing a lot of research on custom boots for my very narrow feet and ankles. We are in Park city and even the narrow Rental boot which rarely gets used at deer Valley is not really working for me. The 25.5 is a wee bit short and the 26.5 my ankle and heel slide right up. Can anyone guide me to where I should go for good custom boot fitting for my issues? I've been told many different places...Jans, Jackson's, Bootworks, Park City Boot and Surefoot. Many seem to like Surefoot but I've also heard negative things as well. I don't mind making a good investment but I'm not a strong skier and I do mostly greens and some blues and ski maybe once a year or twice at best. We live in FL so would like to get boots here as this is where the experts are! Seems overwhelming deciding where to go to get the best product section and person to help me. If any of you can let me know what to do I'd be eternally grateful so I can learn to ski better and possibly keep up with my husband ha ha. Thank you!!

Last edited:

PCSB

Booting up
Skier
We would be happy to help you tomorrow. Selection is not as good as during the autumn and winter months, but 25.5 still has a good selection for narrower feet. Come in after 12noon for at least a no charge assessment to review what might be the best set up for you.
Park City Ski Boot Brent/Jules/Tiff

cem

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Industry Insider
hello all. I'm new to the forum and have been doing a lot of research on custom boots for my very narrow feet and ankles. We are in Park city and even the narrow Rental boot which rarely gets used at deer Valley is not really working for me. The 25.5 is a wee bit short and the 26.5 my ankle and heel slide right up. Can anyone guide me to where I should go for good custom boot fitting for my issues? I've been told many different places...Jans, Jackson's, Bootworks, Park City Boot and Surefoot. Many seem to like Surefoot but I've also heard negative things as well. I don't mind making a good investment but I'm not a strong skier and I do mostly greens and some blues and ski maybe once a year or twice at best. We live in FL so would like to get boots here as this is where the experts are! Seems overwhelming deciding where to go to get the best product section and person to help me. If any of you can let me know what to do I'd be eternally grateful so I can learn to ski better and possibly keep up with my husband ha ha. Thank you!!

your Answer is in the post above this one

Park City Ski Boot, go see these guys, extra brownie points from Jules if you take Mike n Ikes (don't tell i said that)

also bare in mind this is a process not a 1 hit wham bam and off you go in to the sunset so if they say they don't have an appropriate boot trust them, if the one they say will work feels a bit tight out the box trust them

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
The 25.5 is a wee bit short and the 26.5 my ankle and heel slide right up.
The 255 is probably close to the right size. Likely still too big, but close for your level and the amount of skiing you do. By a “wee bit short” I assume your toes can touch the front of the boot when you put them on. This is what you want. Find a good fitter and they’ll be able to describe what you should be looking for. Listen to them and ignore any preconceived notions you have about fit.

TS
A

Aecswede

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thank you all so much!! The narrow rental is rubbing on my left inside ankle bone. I'll go see Park City Ski Boot. Had appt with Ernie at Bootworks but that shop looks like not much selection. Nice to see multiple responses for PCSB as validation of where I should go for my specific situation. Will report back. Thank goodness I found this forum!!!

Flatlander

Booting up
Skier
Can confirm, PCSB is awesome! I worked with Tiff got me fitted with a pair of boots on my second day of a 15-day ski vacation. Of the 11 days I skied, 6 of them ended up bell-to-bell. For the first time in decades I didn't complain about my feet being squished or cold (I got Thermics at the same time as the boots). I don't remember a full day skiing, and I got in 6 on this trip!! I hope you went and they had a good enough end-of-year selection to get you as happy as I am.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Late March and a "Good Selection" might be difficult in a popular size like 25.5 just saying.

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Late March and a "Good Selection" might be difficult in a popular size like 25.5 just saying.
The September sales are a good time to buy boots. The shops have their new stock as well as left overs, and there is a good chance of getting the boots right for your feet than a pair the owner needs to get off the shelf.

Sponsor

Staff online