• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA Good prices on Lenz heated clothing from EU

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I might have brought this up before, but it's way cheaper to buy Lenz products from the European sites. I did run into a shipping issue when I ordered batteries (lithium couldn't go on airplane cargo) but they can go by boat. Anyway, I just picked up some extra socks for less than $80, usually $175 over here. Not even a sale. And $9 shipping.

Last edited:

Gina D

Getting off the lift
Skier
Did you get 5.1's? Are they as good as the 6.1's? Those are $104 right now. Thanks for the heads up.

TS
S

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Did you get 5.1's? Are they as good as the 6.1's? Those are $104 right now. Thanks for the heads up.
I did order the 5.1 slims. I have some 6.1s that are involved in a warranty issue right now, and wanted to try some if the slim fits because the regulars always seem to be too big, even in a smaller size than I would normally wear. So I am trying these too — but can’t compare yet.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I made a couple Dynafit soft goods purchases through them in 2017. It took a couple of months for me to receive the shipments. But the items weren’t available in North America, so it was worth the wait. Yes, shipping costs were way lower than expected.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What needs to be bought with these -batteries and a charger?

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
What needs to be bought with these -batteries and a charger?
Yes, Lenz-specific batteries and a Lenz-specific charger.

I have two of the Lenz 1800 batteries and two of the Lenz 1200 batteries. Either battery model is connected mid-caIf to the heating element connections at the top of the sock. I often find the Lenz 1200 batteries to be more comfortable to wear all-day than the larger and heavier Lenz 1800 batteries. All of these batteries have held up well for me for the 4 years or so that I have been using Lenz socks.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ouch, Every time I consider replacing my ancient Hotronic Boot Heaters I see those prices and figure I can get one more year out of the current setup.
Now that i duct tape my boots my feet stay pretty warm and dry, so I havent bought heated socks. But I am mindful as they got n”a bit of frostbite a few years ago. Snow inside the toe box is not good when its zero degrees, or any time really.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@David Chaus how do you like your socks still?

@SBrown, do you know If warranty is handled any differently with Len’s products purchased from abroad?

My touring boots are lightweight but freezing cold skiing in Hokkaido, as I now travel with only one pair of boots with recent shorter trips. This may be the year to get heated socks for me.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Still love my Lenz socks, at least the ones with heat on the toe caps. 5.0 and 6.0 (compression).

TS
S

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@David Chaus how do you like your socks still?

@SBrown, do you know If warranty is handled any differently with Len’s products purchased from abroad?

My touring boots are lightweight but freezing cold skiing in Hokkaido, as I now travel with only one pair of boots with recent shorter trips. This may be the year to get heated socks for me.
Lenz is being little bitches with handling the warranty from within the US, so I would tread carefully. I am not expecting good news, but I’m still trying. Someone is being ridiculous, anyway, whether it is Lenz or Ski Essentials.

stevo

Getting off the lift
Inactive
Absolutely love my Lenz socks, have several pairs of socks. A buddy of mine got the Lenz heated jacket thing and he absolutely loves it also I am somewhat thinking about getting it, mainly with the intention of leaving it off most of the time, but on those truly cold Alta really morning get the pow after standing in line for an hour below zero...would be nice to have.

Jersey Skier

Skier
Anyone know what how long shipping usually takes? Ordered a pair on the 30th and tracking info looks like it's still floating around the Netherlands 10 days later.

Gina D

Getting off the lift
Skier
Pair of socks took 9 days from ordering to delivery. If there are batteries in your order it could delay things at customs.

flbufl

Getting on the lift
Skier
Pair of socks took 9 days from ordering to delivery. If there are batteries in your order it could delay things at customs.

Wondering which site did you order batteries from? I tried to order battery from snowinn, but when I added it to the cart, it shows something like it can not be delivered to your location.

flbufl

Getting on the lift
Skier
Anyone know what how long shipping usually takes? Ordered a pair on the 30th and tracking info looks like it's still floating around the Netherlands 10 days later.

I ordered 2 pairs of socks from snowinn on Dec 4th. It apparently took them 8 days to ship these to their warehouse internally and today I finally got a tracking label and it estimated the delivery date of Dec 22nd.

Meanwhile, I ordered 1800 size batteries from backcountry and received them in 2 days. BTW, there were some kind of weird 25% off discount on those batteries for BC summit level members.

Gina D

Getting off the lift
Skier
I think when I ordered gloves that came with batteries it was from Skate Pro. That's the one that took a while to get to me. Price difference is so much that it was worth it though.

Jersey Skier

Skier
I ordered 2 pairs of socks from snowinn on Dec 4th. It apparently took them 8 days to ship these to their warehouse internally and today I finally got a tracking label and it estimated the delivery date of Dec 22nd.

Meanwhile, I ordered 1800 size batteries from backcountry and received them in 2 days. BTW, there were some kind of weird 25% off discount on those batteries for BC summit level members.
Ordered mine on 11/26. Last tracking update was on the 7th in the Netherlands. Then nothing for a week, so who knows how long this will take. I found a pair of 1200 batteries for $199 on Sportsunlimited. They offer $30 off if you spend over $200 so I added the cheapest thing on their site to get the price down to $172 for the batteries.

The last time I used BikeInn to get a part for a customer's repair it took less than a week door to door.

Sponsor

Staff online