• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada Facial Recognition?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Are resorts using facial recognition now to verify passes etc?
I am not sure about facial recognition but I know my pass picture will show up on the tablets that are used by the lift attendents.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Not really 100% bulletproof but some comparison is there. Even at my home crappy bump I can see them checking pics vs skiers in some way. So I suppose in some way yes.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’ve seen a lot more photo verification this year. I’m not sure ai is up to the task of identifying people in ski gear yet. Probably too many false readings and the process requires human interaction ay some point anyways. But some place will try it that’s for sure.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If you are asking about AI facial recognition it is a work in progress and there certainly are challenges with skiing. They are still doing a stare and compare. Can't say I have ever heard a lifty ask someone to remove goggles or helmet or to drop a neck gaiter

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
FaceID uses IR, it should go thru any goggles. I'm pretty sure it won't be long some companies figure out a way to make it usable in the mountain environment.

Sponsor

Staff online