• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dog themed trail names

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
looking for help for dog themed trail names to make a custom sign. I really wanted something local (NH) but Cant Dog & Boneyard are not quite right for the project I have in mind. Would love suggestions real or fictional

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Mt Hood Skibowl has "Dog Leg" and right next to it is "Fire Hydrant" . Actually, I stand corrected. They renamed "Dog Leg" to "Bill's Gold" -- named after Bill Johnson (Gold medal downhill winner in 1984). But it used to be "Dog Leg".

Mt Bachelor: "Sun Dog"

Timberline: "Bruno" (Named after the St Bernard mascot)

Cooper Spur has "Fox Run"

Warner Canyon has "Coyote"

Last edited:

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I sorta think Squaw's Red Dog is named for Jack Reddish, and well known US ski racer back in the 40's, 50's and early 60's (years from memory, not Google) who raced in the North American races back in the day. Very successful. One of his fellow racers was Dick Movitz who was nick named Mad Dog. As you may know, some of my memories never happened, so these may not be actual facts.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Big Sky also has Timber Wolf, Dogwood and Low Dog in addition to the already mentioned Bad Dog. The Yeti Traverse is named for an avalanche dog.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Some of these might be a stretch...
Sugarbush: Ruffed Up
Sunday River: South Paw
Attitash: Homeward Bound...I mean, it was a movie about a couple dogs
Temple (no longer a ski mountain): Mighty Dog

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Big Sky also has Timber Wolf, Dogwood and Low Dog in addition to the already mentioned Bad Dog. The Yeti Traverse is named for an avalanche dog.

I knew Yeti whose owner /handler described as a dog with an attitude. A very serious dog, standoffish maybe, but a good dog to know and have around in case of on slope problems.

Sponsor

Staff online