• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Does anyone ski with aggression and fury?

Vampire Cat

Putting on skis
Skier
Nah, I ski like I'm dancing. Maybe playful, maybe relaxed, maybe sensual, maybe focused on a particular aspect. Always clumsily compared to others who are actually good.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Last season was my first and I remember being so consumed with worrying about every little technique and detail.

"Am I putting enough pressure on my downhill ski?"
"Am I at the front of my boots?"
"How long should I stay pointed down the fall line?"

It wasn't until I just yelled at myself one day and said "Just shut your mind up and SKI" that it all just clicked and the synergy became amazing.

At the beginning of this season (my 2nd), I felt more relaxed with skiing and lazy. My turns were more skidded, I was less on edge, something just wasn't clicking. Then it hit me, I was missing that aggressive mindset that helped drive my skis. Once I snapped back into it, it was much more enjoyable again.

Does anyone else experience this?

P.S. No, this doesn't mean I tailgate and run over ski schoolers.
The last three years I mainly ski to get exercise and relieve myself of anxiety, inner turmoils, an unhealthy amount of ptsd and a general underlying feeling of passionately disliking humanity so I'll eat 25 to 30 mg's of THC gummies, throw some head phones in my ears, crank some hard hitting punk rock or house music beats and bump my ass up through the lift line as quickly as I can to rage ski hot laps. After about three or four hours of that I can comfortably drink one or two beers and go home to relax. It's a lot like a post orgasm high and it feels like a massive weight has been finally lifted off my aching shoulders. This program isn't very effective with limited terrain, poor conditions and heavily populated ski runs so there are times that these efforts are highly unsuccessful and I leave after two terrifying runs. During these difficult times the one or two beers can easily turn into 6 to 8 beers and another 20 to 30 mg's so I can once again relieve myself of all aforementioned ails that haunt me with regularity. I had an epiphany whilst rage skiing hot laps the other day that this activity will likely kill me sooner than later and decided to bring back the use of a ski helmet. Tree strikes at 50-60 mph aren't pretty. Yes, my skiing is so much stronger when it's fueled by anger related to my mental health disorders and I'm so high that I'm skiing as fast as I can to escape the snow sharks and hangry carnivorous dinosaurs. I hope this helps or it doesn't, I don't give a F honestly, I’m just trying to get by here.

Last edited:

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The last three years I mainly ski to get exercise and relieve myself of anxiety, inner turmoils, an unhealthy amount of ptsd and a general underlying feeling of passionately disliking humanity so I'll eat 25 to 30 mg's of THC gummies, throw some head phones in my ears, crank some hard hitting punk rock or house music beats and bump my ass up through the lift line as quickly as I can to rage ski hot laps. After about three or four hours of that I can comfortably drink one or two beers and go home to relax. It's a lot like a post orgasm high and it feels like a massive weight has been finally lifted off my aching shoulders. This program isn't very effective with limited terrain, poor conditions and heavily populated ski runs so there are times that these efforts are highly unsuccessful and I leave after two terrifying runs. During these difficult times the one or two beers can easily turn into 6 to 8 beers and another 20 to 30 mg's so I can once again relieve myself of all aforementioned ails that haunt me with regularity. I had an epiphany whilst rage skiing hot laps the other day that this activity will likely kill me sooner than later and decided to bring back the use of a ski helmet. Tree strikes at 50-60 mph aren't pretty. Yes, my skiing is so much stronger when it's fueled by anger related to my mental health disorders and I'm so high that I'm skiing as fast as I can to escape the snow sharks and hungry dinosaurs. I hope this helps or it doesn't, I don't give a F honestly, I’m just trying to get by here.
I like it.

A little Fear and Loathing on the slopes vibe.

Skiing with abandon used to be a thing for me. I guess it still is on less than really difficult terrain... It used to be on difficult terrain but I'm older now. I have less muscle mass. It's easier to get injured and takes longer to heal.

Sponsor

Staff online