• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Did Daleboot ever make a rear entry boot? I'm talking circa 1978 here...

DesmoDog

Getting off the lift
Skier
Sorry for the trivial question but this has been bugging me for a couple days now.

I'm a fan of rear entry boots. I had Hansons back in the '70s, Salomons in the '80s, and Nordicas now. But as I was reminiscing about my younger days I got this faint idea that at some point, probably around 1978, I had a pair of Daleboots? I bought them from the shop I worked in and didn't keep them long for some reason, but I can't for the life of me recall what they looked like or what their construction was.

I have vague memories of a blue and grey shell maybe? Nothing that's coming up on Google looks familiar to me and it's like a song I can't get out of my head...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Other than Daleboot's magnesium boot and the Black Diamond boots they took over, their boots have been pretty much the same since the early 80's. I don't recall a rear entry model.

TS
DesmoDog

DesmoDog

Getting off the lift
Skier
Other than Daleboot's magnesium boot and the Black Diamond boots they took over, their boots have been pretty much the same since the early 80's. I don't recall a rear entry model.

Maybe that's why I didn't keep them long. :huh:

bitflogger

Putting on skis
Skier
Thanks, for a moment I was confusing them with Rosemount boots LOL. Now I remember the Daleboot as maybe a Utah brand and later than Rosemounts and OG Langes but I think around in late 70s.

There was a time in my youth when many companies got into aspects of skiing along with all those WWII vet era families and boomer kids and even fancy department stores had those huge heavy things. With a low volume foot and now 50+ years skiing I don't think there was a boot or fit gimmick or trend that didn't seem appealing.

Sponsor

Staff online