• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dalbello Cabrio - Heat mould liners or just ”ski them in”

psortti

Booting up
Skier
Should I heat mould the liners of my Dalbello Cabrio LV Free (120), or just ”ski them in”?
Any thoughts or experience?

1711004022201.png

cem

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Industry Insider
the liners are now preformed using a new (and very clever) process in the factory, that said they are not formed to YOUR feet, i guess it all depends on how it feels when you have the boot on, heat forming will help if you have specific pressure points around the foot, but isn't a requirement..... if you are in a really short shell check heat forming with toe caps will give you more toe room, if the boot is the slightest bit on the generous side i wouldn't heat it

so every case is individual

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
The following may not apply to Dalbello, but my Head AvantEdge 125 boots had the option of mold heating liners or just skiing in them. I was told by the shop that heating the liners resulted in a slightly loser fit. Since I had dropped down a shell size and had a resultant very snug fit, I went with the heat molding.
Result: best fitting boot ever; doesn't require buckles to be very tight.

ANOpax

Putting on skis
Skier
I warmed the liners for my eldest son’s Panterras. There was no control pair so we won’t know if it made one jot of difference or not but he was comfy in them after day 1.

He has a very high instep and as a result, rental boots have always been HV boats. This is the first time he’s been in a MV shell and the cabrio makes it so easy for him to boot in and out.

Sponsor