• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Concerts you’ve attended list...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Sounds good to me! I still listen to the first Chicago Transit Authority album regularly!
Except for local bands, I haven’t been to a real concert since Covid :(
We had Styx tickets bought just before COVID, purchased in Feb of 2020 for an August 2020 show. Ticketmaster kept rescheduling it but we eventually got to see them same venue in August of 2022 masked. I try to buy us concert tickets for something we like every August.. It's our anniversary date thing..

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Merged the two concerts threads.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I had free back stage VIP passes for Black Crowes and Michael Shanker Group back in 1990. I hadn't even yet heard of The Black Crowes until that night. Needless to way I've been a fan since. They were super chill dudes.

Been trying to find t-shirts to the big arena shows I was at and didn't still have a shirt from. Folks are making re pops of old concert shirts!
t-shirts.jpg

patmoore

Septuagenarian Snowboard/Ski Racer
Skier
I know I'm going to forget some.

The Beatles - My first outdoor concert. DC Stadium August 15, 1966. Opening act was The Cyrkle
Simon and Garfunkel
Johnny Mathis
Chad Mitchell Trio
The Coasters
The Drifters
The Four Tops
Bill Haley and the Comets
Chuck Berry
Bo Diddley
Jay and The Americans
Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits
John Denver
Harry Chapin - the best concert I ever attended
Billy Joel
Dave Matthews Band
Willie Nelson
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Bryan Adams
Billy Idol
Judy Collins
Never saw Elvis but he was spotted in Tupelo, MS last week.....

elvis (2020_06_09 09_43_06 UTC).jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We just caught a segment on CBS Good Morning about the Rolling Stones. There was part of it which focused on Ronnie Woods as an artist, a painter. He had a book/journal that he painted that had all of the musical sets from all of the Stones concerts. If that was published, I think it is something that I might purchase.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Went to see Trae Crowder at The Carolina Theater last night. Excellent! Like all comedy.. it's only funny if they're not making for of you though.. Hilarious!

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Since I posted we have been to a bunch of show at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY - a mile from our house.

A guy I used to be in a band with was there last month with his Tom Petty tribute. We saw the Australian Pink Floyd. 2 days later we saw another tribute band called Pink Talking Fish. Thursday we say Lucinda Williams and Friday we saw Billy and the Kids. We would never go to so many shows but their relatively inexpensive and so close to home and a really nice theatre. When the weather is nice we walk. When it's raining we uber.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Since I posted we have been to a bunch of show at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY - a mile from our house.

A guy I used to be in a band with was there last month with his Tom Petty tribute. We saw the Australian Pink Floyd. 2 days later we saw another tribute band called Pink Talking Fish. Thursday we say Lucinda Williams and Friday we saw Billy and the Kids. We would never go to so many shows but their relatively inexpensive and so close to home and a really nice theatre. When the weather is nice we walk. When it's raining we uber.
We had a small club running decent gigs super close to our house before the Pandemic hit. Delbert McClinton, Aaron Mills (Cameo, Outkast) were a couple of the shows we caught there.. Like less than a half mile away. Fabulous Thunderbirds played there but no Jimmy Vaughn of course.. It's now a dance and cheer academy. It was great while it lasted though..

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
The high school I graduated from held 3 concerts (that I know of) involving bands in the early stages of their careers that went on to become well known national/international acts: Grand Funk Railroad, Chicago, and The Police. It also held a Paul Simon concert when he was already very well established but he was in town filming a movie and ended up performing with little advance notice or promotion. All occurred either prior to my attending high school or after I graduated except for the Chicago concert, which I attended. On a related note, my youngest brother attended (the same) high school with a guy who, for a period of time, ended up being a member of the local Cleveland band Nine Inch Nails.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
They play Lucinda Williams on SiriusXM’s Underground Garage. I really like her, without Little Steven I’d have never listened to her.
What XM channel number is it?

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
What XM channel number is it?
They have some great shows especially on the weekend. Slim Jim Phantom’s Rockabilly Rave-up on Sunday is my favorite followed by Rodney Bingenheimer. Little Steven Van Zandt is aways entertaining & Drew Cary‘s show on Friday is good too.
usually an eclectic collection of new and old tunes.

Last edited:

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
this spring saw a bit of the rehearsal for the opera Tristan und Isolde in the Palermo Opera House. (Teatro Massimo)
If your ever in Sicily that opera house is well worth visiting. Once the largest in the world. The original opening roof still functions.
Didn't appear to have been as well maintained as Paris or Milan's but tickets are easier to come by and a lot less expensive.

Sponsor

Staff online