• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In January 2016, The Denver Post reported the beginnings of Cimarron Mountain Club, a private ski area in Colorado.

Cimarron launched a little over a week ago with membership limited to just 13 families (with 7 spots already taken) and includes access to more skiable terrain that Aspen Mountain.
But the real jaw-dropper is the price — a whopping $2.285 million per family, with yearly fees between $55,000 and $65,000.

Another article from Snocountry from 2016
https://www.snocountry.com/news/ent...lub-coming-to-colorado-just-4-million-to-play

Last edited:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I guess the Yellowstone Club has gotten too overrun with commoners.

Well, I’m not able to budget either into my ski budget for this season.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Well if you've got that much extra money to spend, why not. Not my cup of tea but to each their own. I just hope it's more successful than Hermitage in Vermont.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
absolutely beautiful country up there. I'd love to see a trip report if someone actually makes it there to ski/board.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Here, surrounded by geological wonder, too beautiful not to share, yet too pure to share with too many...

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
@Doug Briggs -- That part made me puke a little bit.

absolutely beautiful country up there. I'd love to see a trip report if someone actually makes it there to ski/board.

It sits just to the north of BLM and Forest Service land. Not sure what the access to those lands is like, but typically there some way to get there. Some of the couloir shots in the advertisement are not on the private grounds, but public land. So if you can access them, you can ski them. Unless CMC has a BLM/FS lease that dictates they are the only users.

Last edited:

StuckonI70

Getting on the lift
Skier
Those couloirs are sick, but that terrain doesn't stop there.
Go south - the lines are bigger and it's all public.
Of course, there's probably a reason there is zero beta on that area anywhere to be found (easily)

Last edited:

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Are the six spots still available? I'll have my people get a check out in the morning..............
They changed things around last summer... going with more 35-acre lots instead of the big ones. How many more is unclear, because the source is the CB News. The Denver Post article in the initial post mentioned 50 35-acre lots, and that sounds about right to me. So yeah, my guess is they've still got some available....

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Having been run down from behind five times in the last ten seasons, I'd sure consider it if I had that kind of cash.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Remember, I liked you first!

Monster

Monstrous for some time now. . .
Skier
Dorothy said it: "If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard, because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with. Is that right?" - She had to find it out for herself. . .

Sponsor

Staff online