• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Captured in the wild...

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Look around a parking lot at a ski area today and it is kind of like what color Subaru do you drive?
Mid 60's to the early 70's it was what color of bug?
Had 3. The last was a 74 Super Beetle. That car had some interesting habits, and not all good.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
1000015180.jpg

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
GT3: my dream car. Is that a 6MT, or PDK? I'd heard CA banned the 6MT version because "its too loud," of all things. Not sure how tranny affects noise level.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Last edited:
Reactions: doc

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A restored Delivery truck I spotted on the PA. turnpike Tuesday. Not sure what “ Home Dressed Meats” are or where exactly Dillburg is but it’s fun .
BE2E0D01-666D-41EE-B7EE-3CE4F2C1B6D5.jpeg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Dillsburg, PA is the very northern end of the Blue Ridge mountains, on Rte 15 north of Gettysburg. We drive right through it on the way to Roundtop.

There are several places up there that will still supply cleaned whole pigs and lambs for spit or pit roasting. I don't know that specific business by name - it may well be historical.

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Heck of a Navigator RV rig near Kansas City on I70 today! Didn't catch what state he was from. Towing a trike, motorcycle and full size pickup!

View attachment 205848
This reminds me of a similar set up that rolled into a campground in Tolaga Bay NZ a few years ago.
Small bus based RV towing an older Toyota HI Lux (Tacoma?) flat deck ute.
On the deck of the ute was a Metal mesh cage containing amongst other things, a quad bike, crayfish pots and and an outboard motor for the small inflatable which was on top of the cage along with its beach launching trailer.
The guy went out fishing within an hour of arriving and returned two hours latter with a big haul of both crayfish and fish .
Nice simple setup

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I wish I could have gotten a picture of the Nash Metropolitan being pushed by a guy, a woman behind the wheel, down Washington Hwy 20 the main North/South route through Oak Harbor, WA Saturday. As they were rolling Southbound I was going North in traffic and had no way to get the shot (of a life time). Here's a picture of a Metropolitan, not the color combo I saw, for those of you who never saw one.

View attachment 211039
I went to my first Cub Scout meetings in the back of a Nash Metropolitan.:)

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Only a sampling of the classics cruising through the hood yesterday…
VideoToGif_GIF.gif

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
This is nuts. News story from Telluride in ytube description. One puppy wasn’t found for over a day.

—————
On October 10, 2020, a parked Jeep Wrangler rolled off the Black Bear Pass road with a passenger and two dogs inside. This video shows the view from another Jeep that witnessed part of the accident. Note that at the time of this recording, there was no longer anyone in the falling Jeep as the passenger had already been ejected from the tumbling vehicle. The passenger survived, but sustained very serious injuries. (Both dogs were eventually found and are in good health.) Any proceeds from this video are being donated towards the passenger's recovery.
——————

Start at 3:10 if you want to get right to it.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Terrifying!
You could get PTSD just from watching this video.
Best wishes to all involved.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Usual Summit county camo car... this one seems to be an Audi A4, but I saw a line of GMC trucks the other day too.

20231024_163214.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We saw this today at Costco
IMG_0002.jpeg
IMG_0003.jpeg

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Truckload of troublemakers. View attachment 214373
I saw a jeep yesterday with a 10 foot tall skeleton sticking through the roof. Really huge. Had to be a short term gag as it would have been a hazard at speeds over about 50 mph. Didn't have my phone or would have taken a picture.

Sponsor

Staff online