• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Emil

Putting on skis
Skier
My oldest boy needs new boots this year. We need to travel to a decent shop I want to be sure that they carries some options before we go.

Some data
55kg, 165cm long (Euro land)
Advanced skier, upright relaxed stance,ski ~20 days a year.
Little interest in park or groomers only trees, powder and adventure stuff.
Feets measures 249mm and 97mm wide. They are sort of super normal.
This year we will try to bootpack and/or tour a little bit more so a light boot is nice and walk mode is a must.
Last year he used a pair of Salomon quest access 70T. They were to soft.
The boots should fit into Marker squire ID (this year with adjustable AFD) and Salomon warden (pre MNC version)
The boots needs to be warm since he freezes easily.
Tech insert is nice but will not likely be used.

My problem is finding a decent boot that does not make a hole in my wallet since I will probably only get one year out of it. Junior or adult boots? Any ideas what to look for?

His favorite run last year
G0204203 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There are some good softer adult boots that will be at the top of the list if you are looking for possible tech fittigs like the Lange XT and the Tecnica Cochise as examples but if they are not available or still just too stiff, there are some very good sub 100 Flex junior race boots. Warmth will come from well fitting boot that does not create pressure points...or something with an Intuition liner.

Sponsor

Staff online