• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Boot Buying Help: Dalbello Panterra 120

Spelunker

Booting up
Skier
I'm finally upgrading my boots. It's been a long time coming. It's somewhat of a daunting process that I've avoided but I've gotten to the point where I just cant crank down my older 90flex boot tight enough to suit my skiing.

I want to buy from my local shop so I stopped in today to see what they had. After trying on some softer boots, I tried on the Dalbello Panterra 120 ID. They were pretty sweet. Maybe the salesmen got in my head but I was sold. They felt right. Very light and adjustable. Stiff and still comfortable. They seemed to fit the bill. I was about to buy but I thought I'd take a day to do some research. Does anyone ski this boot? I'd appreciate your opinion.

I'm a 6' 210 lb skier who like skiing fast, moguls, trees. I wear a 11.5 street shoe so I'm concerned about the 28.5 boot I was trying on. The salesmen said a 29.5 is way too big in a 120flex boot. Wearing them around felt alright. I'm just a little concerned they will start killing my feet after 6 hours of skiing. The size charts I've seen show a 28.5 boot matched to a 10.5 street shoe. Is that too small for my foot?

Hoping I could get some advice from some resident pros.

Thanks in advance!

-E

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
With out seeing how your foot fits the shell, it is hard to say. If the fitter was "right sizing you", I would err to his judgment. You might need a visit back..or two..but my gut is your fitter has you on the right track. Give him the feedback you gave us here.

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
Not a pro, but I doubt a 28.5 is too small. Be sure to check that it's not too big though! (Shell fit etc)
For reference: I have the same boot, in 27.5. I'm 6'+change, and wear shoes in the 11-12 range. But I mostly wear runners, and like plenty of room in them, so maybe your feet are bigger. I'd bet the salesman is right about 29.5 being too big.

update: I don't have the ID variant. Also mine are a season old. Not sure what the differences are...

Last edited:

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
Our shop sells a lot of pantera boots all ID.

They WILL run a full size longer than most other boots.

We use them on individuals with large calves and large volume insteps as they fit that anatomy better than many other similar sized boots

The 130 ID has a better liner (ID Max) than the 120 ID (ID Now), both liners should be heat molded as they are usually uncomfortable out of the box.

I would trust your fitters advice on this one

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Dalbello boots are about the only ones I can get to fit. I have large calves, wide feet, high instep. As my dad used to say, the shoe boxes fit my feet better than the shoes.

I like my Dalbello Proteon Flex 100 with heat-moldable liners. Really nice fit.

TS
Spelunker

Spelunker

Booting up
Skier
I have pretty large calves. I think I'm going to buy them. They felt right and they seemed pretty adjustable.

Sponsor

Staff online