• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The new Truckee city pool counts as a "waterpark".

The models I've seen match the current development in height and feel. Covering up a crappy asphalt parking lot doesn't seem like an environmental disaster. Modern codes are quite robust in fire resistance, likely a good shelter in place option - keeping evacuation traffic down. Having good lodging and entertainment options in Squaw might reduce peak traffic times - certainly I never leave at closing bell after skiing, waiting for dinner at the cabin before hitting the road.

I thought the plan was good and an improvement over the nasty parking lot. I hope Alterra's appeal restores the reasonable plan.

Yes please in my back yard!

Eric

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Hmmm.....I like the current "nasty parking lot" as it offers easy access to the lifts, allowing quick ski and equipment changes; definitely way better than remote parking at places like Northstar......

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hmmm.....I like the current "nasty parking lot" as it offers easy access to the lifts, allowing quick ski and equipment changes; definitely way better than remote parking at places like Northstar......
That's a pretty weak environmental justification for overturning the approved plan. Especially since you have no idea how the new parking might work for you. The parking is far from perfect now and a disaster on busy days. Improvement is possible - if it is given a chance.

Eric

Sponsor