• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

24/25 Gear Rumors

100Million

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
It was embargoed.

If you can save some bicks, grab the Deacons

Would you even go as far as saying the Deacon 80 might be better than the Peregrine 80? ;)

A salesperson at my local ski shop claims this, but they have a stock of Deacons the want to get rid of, so I guess that it’s in their best interest hehe!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Would you even go as far as saying the Deacon 80 might be better than the Peregrine 80? ;)

A salesperson at my local ski shop claims this, but they have a stock of Deacons the want to get rid of, so I guess that it’s in their best interest hehe!
The D80 feels stronger than the P80 but the P82 feels stronger than the D84. There is more difference between the two Peregines than there were between the two Deacons, IMHO why the are slocer in width, but I can see it adding some confusion.

100Million

Skier
The D80 feels stronger than the P80 but the P82 feels stronger than the D84. There is more difference between the two Peregines than there were between the two Deacons, IMHO why the are slocer in width, but I can see it adding some confusion.
How interesting!

Thanks for the detailed reply :)

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Rossignol Blackops 118 becomes the Sender Free 118 next year with the same dimensions but 50gr lighter so maybe Air Tip(and metal underfoot added back in) to the new version I'm assuming? Sender Free 110 like graphics too.
Still just the 176cm and 186cm lengths.

Sender Soul 102 added with similar dimensions to the Blackops 98 but 4mm wider everywhere except the 188cm length which is 104mm underfoot. 180cm length at 2100gr and 2200gr for the 188cm. Think this should have some potential!

The Sender Soul 92 only 1600gr in its longest length of 184cm so of no interest there.
Sender Soul 92 (135/88/124 in 177 length)
1707771696315.png

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
1600gr in the 184cm so it’s like the Bent Chet 90, Unleashed 90 and the current Blackops 92. Unfortunately made for light teens on the cheap.
Sender Soul 102(104mm in the 188cm and 2200gr) has my interest though.
I am very interested in the 102, but was hoping for a low 180 instead of the 180 -> 188 gap

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Rossignol on their Blackops 98 and Dynastar in their MFree 108 also have such a big 10cm gap between those skis. A mid 180s cm ski would be a huge seller as would a 190cm plus Sender Free 118.

Maybe the Sender Soul 102 180cm will tape measure similar to the 182cm BO 98(179.3cm) and the 188cm measure around 185cm or so?
Think the mount point will be similar to the BO 98(about -4.7cm) as it’s more directional than the Sender Free 110. Then more mounting point suggestions forward(progressive) and back(Directional) like the BO 118, BO 98 and Sender Free 110 now have.

cagey

Skier
Looks like Ski Essentials has a Sender Soul 102 preview coming soon. There’s a reel on their IG.

Last edited:

BigSlick

Getting off the lift
Skier
I don't think this is the ski @GregK was looking for based on the Ski Essentials video and the Blister Flash Review: "I started to love the Sender Soul 102 a bit less when I got some speed going, especially in variable snow. It does not feel particularly heavy or damp, and it got knocked around a good bit when shedding speed in choppy / cruddy snow. It didn’t strike me as drastically less damp or stable compared to the original 178 cm Blackops Sender, but I think the Sender Soul 102’s less precise feel and more forgiving flex pattern do come at the cost of some high-speed composure."

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I don't think this is the ski @GregK was looking for based on the Ski Essentials video and the Blister Flash Review: "I started to love the Sender Soul 102 a bit less when I got some speed going, especially in variable snow. It does not feel particularly heavy or damp, and it got knocked around a good bit when shedding speed in choppy / cruddy snow. It didn’t strike me as drastically less damp or stable compared to the original 178 cm Blackops Sender, but I think the Sender Soul 102’s less precise feel and more forgiving flex pattern do come at the cost of some high-speed composure."
Was thinking the same thing when I heard the tinny sound on the firm snow and “the lack of grip on firm groomers” and the fact the Soul 7 was even mentioned. Hear they will still be making the BlackOps 98 next year as the Super BlackOps so that’s still an option for someone wanting something more damp and precise.

Still have hope that the new Enforcer 104 will be a solid option too.

Guess I’m not replacing my 2300gr 183cm CT 2.0 yet!!! Lol

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Agreed, lost interest. Will wait for a heritage labs r99 replacement

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 225434

I am interested in this fourth radius. Seems like its kind of like a semi-elliptical side cut in the tip now?

This “multiradius” madness is getting out of hand man, soon they will be using a random numbers generator and whatever comes out of it they will slap on the tails..

Sponsor

Staff online