• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2023 New England Gathering Report and Pics

AlanR

Still living in Needham
Skier
Note to Alan, when you’re in all black and grey, chances are high someone else will look just like you. In fact, is this really you?
The parallel skis reduces the probability that it was actually me, but it was in this case.

Alan or another dude in black.
Not me this time.

Okay, the search for brighter clothing is on!

AlanR

Still living in Needham
Skier
Not many photos to add, but thanks to everybody for posting so many. Jen and I just enjoyed reliving some highlights.

This was an awesome NEG - Maine with new snow FTW. Many, many thanks to @Tony S for the unheralded hard grind of pulling it all together. Jen had a wonderful time. My "imaginary friends' were finally proved real and she remarked on how friendly and welcoming everybody was. She's definitely up for more adventures!

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Glad you all got some fresh snow! (Makes me feel less guilty out here in Utah.)

Sandy_NYC

Getting off the lift
Skier
My turn to post some pics...

The @James and @mdf traveling tuning show in action. As you can see it's a union job: two supervisors, one cameraman, and one worker.
IMG-4191.jpg

We allowed the wax to properly cure overnight which meant scrapping the following day.

IMG-0747.jpg

The lineup @James @Scruffy @aveski @Tony S @DebbieSue @mdf
IMG-0704.jpg

Stopping for photos... somewhere. Maybe Muleskinner? Addition of @MarkP and @AlanR
IMG-0721.jpg

Last one standing (me, that is)
IMG-0725.jpg

Thank you @Tony S for doing the snow dance and exercising your natural talent in gathermeistering. Until next year!

Last edited:

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 198706
@DebbieSue with the pants making a post card. Nice.
Isn’t that the jump in Casablanca Glades?

That has me recommending 2in longer poles for Saddleback.
I executed as I do all jumps . . . going around!

You and @TonyS said I need two inch shorter poles and I think this image shows why, hands a little high.
I suppose I could consider adjustables for the sweaty traverse and then shorten them for the downhill terrain, but that locking mechanism is a gizmo . . . no way!!!

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I executed as I do all jumps . . . going around!

You and @TonyS said I need two inch shorter poles and I think this image shows why, hands a little high.
I suppose I could consider adjustables for the sweaty traverse and then shorten them for the downhill terrain, but that locking mechanism is a gizmo . . . no way!!!
James first told me to shorten my poles many years ago. I've been chopping off a couple cm at a time periodically ever since, and he STILL tells me they're too long. Pretty soon the grip is going to be longer than the shaft, like one of those pencil stubs in your junk drawer where the eraser is bigger than the pencil. I seriously think it's a long running practical joke with him.

Sandy_NYC

Getting off the lift
Skier
James first told me to shorten my poles many years ago. I've been chopping off a couple cm at a time periodically ever since, and he STILL tells me they're too long. Pretty soon the grip is going to be longer than the shaft, like one of those pencil stubs in your junk drawer where the eraser is bigger than the pencil. I seriously think it's a long running practical joke with him.
When I first started skiing with @KingGrump he told me to go down two inches in poles. (As well as three sizes down in ski boots, but that’s a whole other story.). The skiing has improved.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Following Kevin's lead, I've moved the adjustable poles conversation to this new thread.

Sponsor

Staff online