• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2023-2024 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A beautiful sunny day skiing at SugarBowl. A bit icy early morning but the snow softened nicely.
Surprised there aren’t more comments on this great day.
Seconded! It was a Spring Day without the rush to get it before it all turned to glop. Upper Ralves still had a hint of winter in the snow texture, but it was gorgeous corn(ish) snow over on the west side of Disney Meadow.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier

The Sports Basement Demo Day event got postponed from tomorrow to 4/13 due to weather (and weather logistics) they told me.
If you already got a ticket but can't make the new date, you can email them with your conf. number and they will refund it.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
The Sports Basement Demo Day event got postponed from tomorrow to 4/13 due to weather (and weather logistics) they told me.

Weather? What weather? This is Sierra right now:

PXL_20240322_233355360.jpg

Yeah, I gotta finish this Deschutes and get the heck out!

It was gorgeous earlier when I arrived at 1pm. The run of the day was Gate 2 on he Canyon side. So much fun. Some pics follow: PXL_20240322_210125513.jpg PXL_20240322_210702824.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg PXL_20240322_210651383.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg PXL_20240322_211518265.jpg

jwilli

Getting off the lift
Skier
If you already got a ticket but can't make the new date, you can email them with your conf. number and they will refund it.

I imagine all those pop up canopies for the reps wouldn’t handle the windy conditions very well.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Kirkwood showed 20 inches new this morning and KW's webcams looked it. Heavenly and Northstar both reported 10 inches with some additional colder snow yet to follow.

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
These last two days have been the best snow/storm of the season. Wow.
Today was the best powder skiing in years! While the shoulder doctor says "no skiing", the PT says "no falling". I didn't fall. And the snow was amazing. Palisades opened on time, there was lots light powder. The traffic was horrible (our friends were stuck for over an hour and missed the goods) but that kept the crowds down on the mountain. KT looked busy so I stayed on Red Dog with - nobody else. OK, it only lasted an hour, but what an hour! Actually the Gold Coast trees were surprisingly good late in the morning. By noon, we were spent - and the risk of falling increased. And the snow was not as awesome as earlier. And my shoulder and my wife's ribs were hurting - so we called it.

The storm cycle looks to be ending but the powder season has been made!

On to spring skiing!

Eric

jwilli

Getting off the lift
Skier
Today was the best powder skiing in years! While the shoulder doctor says "no skiing", the PT says "no falling". I didn't fall. And the snow was amazing. Palisades opened on time, there was lots light powder. The traffic was horrible (our friends were stuck for over an hour and missed the goods) but that kept the crowds down on the mountain. KT looked busy so I stayed on Red Dog with - nobody else. OK, it only lasted an hour, but what an hour! Actually the Gold Coast trees were surprisingly good late in the morning. By noon, we were spent - and the risk of falling increased. And the snow was not as awesome as earlier. And my shoulder and my wife's ribs were hurting - so we called it.

The storm cycle looks to be ending but the powder season has been made!

On to spring skiing!

Eric

I was up one of the first chairs on Red Dog on Sunday and lapped it a few times before joining the party at KT. Best was fresh tracks on lower Heidi's. Took advantage of the conditions to try West Face for the first time. That's quite a steep and consistent slope they have there.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Some of the best powder in years yesterday and definitely best of this season, cold and plentiful. Upper mountain at PT was fantastic up until noon. Mostly very light lines as well except Granite ( which did have the best snow). I thought Saturday was a gift enough, but this storm just kept on giving. IMG_1815.jpeg

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Current WU forecast shows 32 inches new snow over the 4 weekend days and 6 inches at Heavenly Kingsbury.

Had expected to drive up for more skiing tomorrow Tuesday 3/26/24 but with 4 days of middling snow elevation storminess beginning Wednesday afternoon, motivation to endure the long drive just for a couple days with one windy has waned. So may just wait till after this coming Easter weekend that is supposedly showing a few days of fair weather.

Instead will try to get another couple landscape photography days in about verdant now flowery Pacheco Pass.

davjr96

Getting off the lift
Skier
I'm seriously surprised at how little chatter there is about this past weekend. Are we all just not talking about fight club?
I mean, based on the lift lines nobody else was actually out skiing.
But yes, best weekend of skiing this season and probably best weekend of skiing I have ever had in Tahoe.

Sponsor