• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC 2023-2024 PNW Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Vestirse

Putting on skis
Skier
Unexpected change of plans - met up with some friends at Snoqualmie. Mostly lapped the Silver Fir lift - spring skiing all the way - the snow was super sticky. But it really was a beautiful day, I was skiing in a base layer under a bib shell, no gloves, lots of sunscreen. Still got some greats runs in practicing my mogul turns until the smoke from grilling at the lodge got too yummy to ignore. We pulled in just past 2pm - 20% if you eat after 2pm! - to enjoy some nice burgers and drinks with live music. All in all, an enjoyable day with friends - I didn't need to chase the snow!

Even_Stevens

Getting off the lift
Skier
Saw the best skier on the mountain today. Grateful for Saucerboy to grace us at humble Summit West with his presence.

Typical spring skiing day. Awesome conditions in the morning, turning to sticky/gloppy in the afternoon. I have Phantom on my skis and while Phantom is wonderful below 40 degrees it can’t handle hotter temperatures. Fresh base grind and wax from my local shop before today as well.

Also, Silver Fir food is good! Thanks @Vestirse for the tip.

Attachments

• IMG_7958.jpeg
    IMG_7958.jpeg
    427.6 KB · Views: 18

SIMMS7400

Booting up
Skier
Holy moly, July up here at Whistler

Started out at Blackcomb today and snow was harder than a honeymoon pr*ck. Shot down to mid to take BC back up and then took P2P to Whistler as they were in full sun already. Tore up Harmony and Symphony bowls most of the day. Was awesome!

Jumped back on P2P and was stuck mid valley for 20 min for 'mechanical problems'. Then, grabbed a few refreshments at Merlins and then back up to Glacier and Spankys.

Snow was mashed taters glue at this point. Called it and then headed to Fitz's for a few pops. Looks like another day or 2 of beach weather then back to snow and normal temps.

I'm flying solo tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up.

Attachments

• PXL_20240317_183927865.jpg
    PXL_20240317_183927865.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 16

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Hey All,

Just posted my Red Mountain Trip Report. Special thanks to @charlier for providing some local insights and hospitality.

FYI this Saturday at Alpental was pretty fantastic. Blue skies and super warm weather softened everything up and made for some very fun spring skiing conditions. When we got to the parking lot around 3 it was reading 71 degrees. It was so hot and sunny that my son decided to ski topless and he was not the only one lol

IMG_0339.JPEG

Vestirse

Putting on skis
Skier
Screenshot_20240318_151557_Samsung Internet.jpg
This is a precious picture!

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
PSA dangerous sun storm and ridiculous crowds at Lookout Pass today.

Whitepass was the same. I had some runs where I didn't see another person top to bottom. 70 degrees down in the valley, I think most people have officially switched to golf mode(I cant stand golf but Im glad the hordes do enjoy it).

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Crystal
We started skiing about 1130, and ended up parking about 200 feet from the C lot shuttle stop. The snow was really nice on our early runs on Lucky Shot and Forest Queen. Ferkberg skied really well except as ddk mentioned the first quarter of it had bare spots and gravel but the rest of it was nice. Other than that most of the main runs had pretty good coverage but you did have to keep an eye out. The run of the day was Green Valley Gondi Face. It had a nice sized moguls and good snow. Snorting Ek Bowl skied really well as did the run from there back to the Green Valley chair. The only real bad run we did all day was on West Face which was frozen. No lines anywhere, ski without the coat, break out the sunscreen along with the Hawaiian shirt. Days like today are the reason we live in the Pacific Northwest.

The Big Snowcone
IMG_1373.JPG

Mt Adams, the Lesser Snowcone
IMG_1374.JPG

Last edited:

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone on here up at Alyeska, or perhaps has been there recently? Flying up there with the family for Spring Break (3/10-16) and trying to get a sense of what conditions are like. Debating which skis to throw in the bag.

Thanks in advance for any info. This will be our first time visiting Alaska, so we are excited.
I'm leaving for Alyeska on Saturday...have any firsthand intel on how conditions were (assuming you just got back...)? Also, any advice on the mountain itself, what was skiing well, what wasn't, restaurants or après spots...all advice is welcome!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I'm leaving for Alyeska on Saturday...have any firsthand intel on how conditions were (assuming you just got back...)? Also, any advice on the mountain itself, what was skiing well, what wasn't, restaurants or après spots...all advice is welcome!
Is there room in your suitcase for another? Have an amazing trip.
So Jealous.

Even_Stevens

Getting off the lift
Skier
Stevens Pass got hit with a few inches of spring snow today which coincided with their annual demo day.

Photos of the top 5 favorites while demoing:

- Volkl Mantra 88 - Incredibly versatile and unflappable.

- Head Supershape E-Titan - So this is what a sport carving ski is like.

- Elan Ripstick Black 102 - I was pleasantly surprised to discover that one can go fast off piste through crud at speeds that would make my 22-23 model year Ripstick Blacks way more unsettled than these things. Could absolutely be a daily driver at Stevens or Baker.

- Stockli Stormrider 95 - I was skeptical about the Stockli hype from this forum and others. I understand it now. The Stormrider is incredibly damp and makes one feel supremely confident on them.

- Lib Tech UFO 95 - These were short at 171 cm but just romped through the heavy fresh Cascade snow today. If I had a 175-180cm length to test they might have been my favorite ski except for the Mantra 88 and E-Titan.

Attachments

• IMG_7980.jpeg
    IMG_7980.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7990.jpeg
    IMG_7990.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7987.jpeg
    IMG_7987.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7989.jpeg
    IMG_7989.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7982.jpeg
    IMG_7982.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 17

Even_Stevens

Getting off the lift
Skier
Sunday was great spring skiing at Snoqualmie. Rode one of the last chairs on Wildside after 50 years of service at Summit West.

Attachments

• IMG_7996.jpeg
    IMG_7996.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8007.jpeg
    IMG_8007.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8005.jpeg
    IMG_8005.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8003.jpeg
    IMG_8003.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
This weekend White Pass hosted their annual IFSA Junior Regional Freeride Comp. The weather was warm with a little bit of snow here and there. Front side definitely got warm and sticky but backside skied very nicely.

This was my son's last Comp of the season and his best showing coming in 11th overall. Was really amazing to see his growth and progress this year as he really stepped up his game and enjoyed !!

Micah Ski comp.jpg

Just a few more weeks of Freeride practice and week in in Banff over Spring Break and this little guy will be pushing 50 ski days this year! This is the first year my son out skied me on pretty much every measure .... so call me a proud papa!

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
This weekend White Pass hosted their annual IFSA Junior Regional Freeride Comp. The weather was warm with a little bit of snow here and there. Front side definitely got warm and sticky but backside skied very nicely.

This was my son's last Comp of the season and his best showing coming in 11th overall. Was really amazing to see his growth and progress this year as he really stepped up his game and enjoyed !!

View attachment 230957

Just a few more weeks of Freeride practice and week in in Banff over Spring Break and this little guy will be pushing 50 ski days this year! This is the first year my son out skied me on pretty much every measure .... so call me a proud papa!
Looking good.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
This weekend White Pass hosted their annual IFSA Junior Regional Freeride Comp

I never ski on weekends but ALMOST went this last weekend just to see the lil rippers. I skied the same areas they were skiing a couple of days before the contest and it was bulletproof till the sun hit it. Was it ok’ish for the comp, and maybe they shoveled some snow on the rocks that were there Thursday?

Sponsor

Staff online