• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England “Places We Stay….”

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So, as I started back up at the shop this weekend and started to brainstorm about weekend trips to VT this winter…..I figured this would be a pretty good place to start a thread on recommended “places” to stay while visiting some of our New England ski areas/town.

Searching on VRBO can be overwhelming and frustrating, so maybe the collective can narrow down certain properties that work for small groups/families/weekend warriors.

Does anybody have any favorites they would like to share for areas like Stowe, Sugarbush/MRG, Killington/Okemo….and others?

Here are my usual spots…but they kinda suck…

Stowe/Sugarbush- we usually stay at the BW in Waterbury…

Killington- we always stayed at the Summit Inn.

Okemo- we always stayed at Jackson Gore Inn.

Thanks….:popcorn:

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
So, as I started back up at the shop this weekend and started to brainstorm about weekend trips to VT this winter…..I figured this would be a pretty good place to start a thread on recommended “places” to stay while visiting some of our New England ski areas/town.

Searching on VRBO can be overwhelming and frustrating, so maybe the collective can narrow down certain properties that work for small groups/families/weekend warriors.

Does anybody have any favorites they would like to share for areas like Stowe, Sugarbush/MRG, Killington/Okemo….and others?

Here are my usual spots…but they kinda suck…

Stowe/Sugarbush- we usually stay at the BW in Waterbury…

Killington- we always stayed at the Summit Inn.

Okemo- we always stayed at Jackson Gore Inn.

Thanks….:popcorn:
For Killington and Sugarbush I've always done a split weekend so I usually just stay wherever is cheap but not quite a dive(BTDT) near Killington. If I'm going to ski there this season I'll probably join the Cetral NJ Ski club and take advantage of their lodge.

TS
BC.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For Killington and Sugarbush I've always done a split weekend so I usually just stay wherever is cheap but not quite a dive(BTDT) near Killington. If I'm going to ski there this season I'll probably join the Cetral NJ Ski club and take advantage of their lodge.
To join a ski club (ie. Central NJ)…do you have to live in NJ/Central NJ?

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Mountain Sports Inn on the Killilngton access road is very reasonably priced and a great place to stay near there.

Reactions: BC.

fosphenytoin

Putting on skis
Skier
K'ton - Inn at Long Trail on Rt 4. B&B, known for its hearty b'fast and Irish food.
Sugarbush - White Horse Inn. Very reasonably priced and good location.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
No. There are members from all over. I tried to find something similar where I live on Long Island but nothing exists.

TS
BC.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No. There are members from all over. I tried to find something similar where I live on Long Island but nothing exists.
Interesting…something to think about/especially if I eventually go Ikon/Sugarbush/Killington.

Reactions: Ogg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Interesting…something to think about/especially if I eventually go Ikon/Sugarbush/Killington.
I had been planning on joining last season but...
I'm still not 100% sure I'm going to be skiing this season but there's a far better chance I'll be driving to VT than getting on a plane.

James

Out There
Instructor
Sugarbush - White Horse Inn. Very reasonably priced and good location.
Second this one. Breakfast was basically too good, practically had to beg the guy to stop cooking for us. (That was about 4 yrs ago though)
If your looking for a club in Ludlow, try these guys. They took over an inn several years ago. At least from the outside it’s on the upswing.
There was also the Sikorsky Ski club and the Grumman club. Possibly none. I think one or both are still around. I did go up a lift with someone recently. They don’t have anything to do with the co’s anymore I believe.
@mdf stayed some place in Killington down the access road.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We have members from Florida to Canada who join just so they can use the lodge. You don't have to attend any meetings and there are also ski council weekends where you can get lift tix at reduced prices.

Sponsor