• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Zipfits v Foamed liners

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
To transplant OMfit from an old Zip fit to a new boot, I use a baby medicine syringe. The kind that comes with kids liquid ibuprofen. I cut open my old zip fits and pack the OMfit in the tube by hand. I then can keep track of exactly how many Millileters I am putting in each spot and match it on the other boot.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
To transplant OMfit from an old Zip fit to a new boot, I use a baby medicine syringe. The kind that comes with kids liquid ibuprofen. I cut open my old zip fits and pack the OMfit in the tube by hand. I then can keep track of exactly how many Millileters I am putting in each spot and match it on the other boot.

That just sounds tedious..

oldfashoned

Out on the slopes
Skier
There is a thread here he uses 1/2 poly tubing just shoved in the openings easily packing the Omfit it the tube(s). Use a sanded down 1/2 dowel to push the Omfit back in.
I have also been told packing the tongue is the way to get the foot back. It’s on the list of to do’s. Do know if I’m brave enough to remove the Stealth rubber.

Sponsor

Staff online