• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Women’s Alpine World Cup 2023/24

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
It is sad. The country loves their skiing, they are a powerhouse in both nordic and alpine, but the organization is horrible. It feels like the 1997 Chicago Bulls (The Last Dance) and their GM Jerry Krause. The NSF thinks they are more important than the athletes and they are taking their little man syndrome out on the skiers.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
IMG_4028.jpeg

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Would really like to see this race. Hopefully the weather on Saturday does not force yet another cancellation

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
LGB
BRIGNONE
BASSINO

Awalkspoiled

Putting on skis
Skier
Has there ever been an athlete whose career jumped as much as LGB's has after an injury to a competitor? Lou Gehrig/Wally Pipp or Tom Brady/Drew Bledsoe I suppose. No knock on LGB who's a magnificent skier but I can't help but imagine what a year this might have been with Mikaela, Petra and Wendy still going strong.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
As long as most of xc athletes are fine, even if biggest star of xc skiing is not, all is good at NSF. Noone really cares about alpine or ski jumping there.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Lauren Macuga in 7th and Bella Wright in 18th for some points.
Yeah, that was pretty cool.

If I’d remembered that course was so flat I probably wouldn’t have picked the 3 lightweights but Lara is on a tear anyway.

James

Out There
Instructor
Good to see Ledecka up at 4th. I almost picked her for 3rd but I figured super g maybe not.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just love Brignone's style when she's on. So solid and connected to the snow.

James

Out There
Instructor
I wonder if she’ll retire after this season. Last year she said it’s basically anytime.

Cat1210

Getting on the lift
Skier
Latest update from MS is that she expects to do the slalom on Sunday in Are but GS is questionable and more of a game time decision.

Cat1210

Getting on the lift
Skier
MS is going to slalom on Sunday but is skipping the GS tomorrow. She hopes to do both at finals, training is going well and she won’t ski unless she thinks she can win or be super close. Brignone is going to slalom as well…they are tight for second place but I doubt Mikaela cares whether she ends up second or third. Hopefully she locks up the slalom globe this weekend.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
IMG_4040.jpeg

Brignone
Ljutic
Robinson

Sponsor

Staff online