• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Will be in North Tahoe April 1-5; waving hi to locals or other visitors

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
This snow-starved Mid-A gal is sooo excited to be heading west for the first time in 5 years. Woo hoo! Logistics came together kind of last minute for an extended family trip with West Coast relatives I don't see as often as I would like. @Tricia alerted me to Tahoe Pinkfest at Mt. Rose which was moved to Sat. April 1. Kind of a full-day women's clinic and demo event meets cancer fundraiser; great event for a great cause. Any Pugski ladies or wives of Pugski guys going?*

Disclaimer: I will be jet-lagged, sleep deprived and adjusting to the altitude but I'm going to do my best. I will be in a low intermediate group but let me know if you'll be there and we can wave hi.

Sunday morning April 2 Tricia and I are planning to do some turns together at Northstar.

I will be in the greater Tahoe area skiing and doing who knows what else with my extended family through Thursday, April 5. We'll likely hit Alpine -- mellower terrain for me -- and/or Squaw for a couple days since my SO has the MCP (and 5x more vacation and air miles built up than I do, which is another reason why I am eager to get to Tahoe).

My poor deprived guy has been to Alta, Whistler, Stowe, and leaves for Sun Valley tomorrow, and then to Squawlpine with yours truly. I'm a blue cruiser gal and he's a black and newly minted West Coast double black guy. If any locals will be there mid-week and you feel up to taking a few groomer runs with visitors please feel free to DM me. Timing the rest of the week will partly be weather and family driven, but if you'll be there when we happen to be there and the stars happen to align it would be great to connect!

I may add some random Qs for locals here or in the Tahoe thread. We're renting a house at Dollar Point (got a steal of a deal) and will likely be cooking in a lot to take advantage of a gourmet kitchen with killer views, but happy to have recs for things to do or see, skiing or non-skiing, and family-friendly not too crazy expensive restaurants.

We have one adult male non-skier in our group, and my nephews are 9 and 12, so family-friendly off the slopes options in that area are welcome too. The boys will be doing ski school at N* on Sunday.

Can't wait to come play in your world!

*Re: Pinkfest at Mt. Rose on April 1...I think men are welcome too, but seems to be mostly ladies. If any single Tahoe guys are interested, might be a nice way to meet local women who ski. :)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm really looking forward to your visit. Wish I could be here for more of your trip.

If anyone is interested in Pinkfest Tahoe. Here are the details.
http://pinkfesttahoe.com

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I only want to meet "women who ski" , that don't like powder days.

I mean, who needs an "umm friend" on a day when there are no friends? ;-)

Have fun, Wish I were there too.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
^^^That post made me chuckle.

TS
va_deb

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
Lol! @CalG, I had to read your post twice before I got it since we don't really have to "worry" about powder days in our little part of the world. Sad and true!

@Tricia, I will definitely plan further ahead next year. So glad we are at least able to overlap a little bit! I think the lessons and Mt. Rose Pinkfest will help me up my game, and I need to schedule a lesson later in the week at N* (I can't keep letting Greg have all the big mountain fun without me). And I can't wait to try your Renouns!

If you see @Cyrus Schenck at Stowe please put in a good word for me in case he's looking for someone to demo and rep Renouns in the DC / VA / West VA area next season. :)

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Lol! @CalG, I had to read your post twice before I got it since we don't really have to "worry" about powder days in our little part of the world. Sad and true!

@Tricia, I will definitely plan further ahead next year. So glad we are at least able to overlap a little bit! I think the lessons and Mt. Rose Pinkfest will help me up my game, and I need to schedule a lesson later in the week at N* (I can't keep letting Greg have all the big mountain fun without me). And I can't wait to try your Renouns!

If you see @Cyrus Schenck at Stowe please put in a good word for me in case he's looking for someone to demo and rep Renouns in the DC / VA / West VA area next season. :)

I'll be sure to tell @Cyrus Schenck !

As for our schedule, it can be weird this time of year, but next year the event we're attending at Stowe The US Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame - History week is at Squaw. :D

Sponsor

Staff online