• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What wax would you choose for today?

macumbed

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi there!

As a an recreational skier I made this incredible decision of buy swix wax by temps ps8, ps7, ps6...so help me: I'm going to skiing tonigh we are having snowfalls since yesterday night(10~15cm total). The temps from yesterday to today was 0C and will -1C and -2C. What wax should I use? PS8 by the range (-4C to +4C) or a harder one PS7 (-2C to -8C) because is new snow and cristals could be sharper? I'm tending to PS8 because it's most groomed ones .

Thanks for your thoughts !!!!!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
PS6. There will be manmade snow mixed in and it will not be old (>48h) manmade crystals.

Scrape and brush extra well because guns leave 'wet' high-humidity patches and skis with surface wax (of any hardness) come to a screeching halt in that stuff.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I am a rec skier. First part of winter is usually ch6.

TS
M

macumbed

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
wow, that is really valuable knowledge :) yesterday I did a layer of PS6, scrappe/brushed and then one of ps7, so I think it should be fine. Next time I will use just Ps6 even if weather is warmer as you guys recommended. Thanks!!!

Sponsor

Staff online