• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada Too much snow, too much wind, not enough power, but a great week anyway! (National Gathering 2024)

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great report! So sorry I missed this year....sounds like the logistics were challenging but you all persevered and looks like a great time. I skied Palisades earlier in the year when conditions were very firm and I can't wait to get back there when they are soft. The juxtaposition of the mountains and the lake is sublime and just can't be matched.

I'm giving bonus points for cool outfit steeze. @Tricia..loving the jacket...distinctive..hip and gives you some great style! @Don4Fun...the glittering onesie is baller! Keeping ya warm and setting the fashion trend out there. I love one of the last pictures that looks like a scene out of Hot Dog with people skiing down the main bowl and someone wiped out in the middle of it...THAT is my kind of action shot! :roflmao: Very good chance I make it next year as my youth sports coaching commitments wind down this spring and I'm a bit more flexible in the late winter.

My early...non official votes for locations include: Telluride, Aspen or Canadian Rockies. I love Jackson but it's gotten very expensive. I also would never argue with Park City/Deer Valley. Just my .02.

Sponsor

Staff online