• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
Where the Pico model would mean CV stays a separate resort that shares a ticket, and the Silver Creek model means CV actually becomes part of TLM?
I am thinking in terms of how skiers use the resort. At Killington, you either ski Killington or Pico in a day but rarely both. By contrast, many skiers ski Silver Creek, the Ball Hooter slopes, and the Western Territory all in a day. A lot would depend on whether or not PNS would have a shuttle and how frequently the shuttle will run. I reckon it would be a about a 15 minute shuttle ride (10 mins by car). A connector gondola is highly unlikely given the status of the land between the two resorts (National Wildlife Refuge, and Forrest Service).

D.B.Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
It’s unlikely that the state would sell the land that the canaan valley ski resort resides on. The tubing operation is profitable the ski area not so much the hotel and conference center is successful. When the legislature reviews the three entities together it clearly is in the black and they have no interest in changing anything.

I don’t know if perfect North has any interest in taking over all three operations.

If we’re speaking directly about the ski area and the state allows a decades, long, say 30 or 40 years, concessionaire agreement, where they can put in significant snowmaking and new lifts. Then it is a possibility..

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
If i can dig it up, the gondola was in the original plans for the Valley. Way before Doc, David Downes plans.
White Grass isn't owned by Chip remember, he's a tenant.

D.B.Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
If i can dig it up, the gondola was in the original plans for the Valley. Way before Doc, David Downes plans.
White Grass isn't owned by Chip remember, he's a tenant.
And if the pump storage lakes would’ve gotten built in the 50s or 60s and flooded the northern end of the valley we could’ve been the Lake Tahoe of the east.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
24 degrees and Snowing early this Mon Morn...SS is blasting away...Diehard!...Enjoy your spring and Summer everybody..stay healthy!

Last edited:

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Nice to see the snowmaking in progress at snowshoe. Now I need to decide if I want to pony up the 100 bucks for one more ski day this season.

Sponsor

Staff online