• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SkateX?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Screenshot_20240209-210833.jpg

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, maybe it’s not bad that I have held on to SNS bindings on my skate skis. Maybe I skip straight to these instead of switching to NNN :ogbiggrin:

Last edited:
TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Do you remember a weird skeelerboot/skate ski mishmash from the early 2000s?
It was a Cado Motus, iirc.

Something about this system reminds me of that, except mid foot of course.

Last edited:

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Alpina was testing very similar (basically exactly same not just similar) some 20 years ago, and it didn't really work. There were few benefits, but overall it just didn't work, and ski handling (something what is suppose to be so much better with this Madshus system, was way worse then normal NNN system). I have been testing that system at that time, so for me this one is not all that new. Salomon had sort of similar thing too in past, and it didn't work either. Now Madshus is bragging that 2 Norwegian won European biathlon Championships with 1min difference because of this. Based on their previous results and competition on that race, I have different opinion why they won with 1min, but let's say it was because of shoes.
We will see what will be out of this, but I have feeling that Madshus and especially Rottefella, are trying to invent something new regardless of what, because Rottefella's patent for NNN expired a while ago, and with everyone now using their own bindings, Rottefella is more or less out of business. Another bad thing with this is, that after all these years there's finally single binding system and life, especially for technicians on teams, is so much easier now, and just when we came to this single binding system, it will all start all over again with everyone having each own system.

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
Look at it the bright side. IF, the new binding is really so much better, all the racers will be using the new system! So there will be none of the incompatible ones the technicians to deal with! ;) :roflmao:

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
If it would be so much better everyone would be using it, but from top guys only Laegreid is using it, and still not winning much, even if he has 1min/10km faster equipment :roflmao:
Anyway... I honestly don't really care. Santa came a bit late and I just got delivered new skating boots (Alpine Elite 3.0) 3 weeks ago, so I'm good for another 3 or 4 years, and even if Fischer goes to new system, mounting plates on skis are suppose to be same for both bindings, and I have pair or two (or rather 20 :D) of current Fischer Turnamic bindings so I'm fine... even if I will be super slow from now on. But my racing days are long over so I'm slow anyway :roflmao:

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
I commented on other thread but I’d love to try it but (likely) would not be willing to buy first. Always have healthy skepticism to manufacturers’ “game changer” claims and new boots and bindings requirement makes for pricy experiment. But I’m open minded and would encourage SkateX to hit the road next winter with aggressive on-snow demos to win over the old, young and newbees alike…..

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Wait, the “results “ were in a biathlon? How about the shooting part, that doesn’t count?

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Wait, the “results “ were in a biathlon? How about the shooting part, that doesn’t count?
They claim less binding/boot release from the recoil of the rifle. Easier on, better retention, more power, more natural and easier skating…

James

Out There
Instructor
Rifle recoil? It’s a .22 and barely moves on their eye.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Here we go again. Yuck.

Sponsor

Staff online