• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ridiculous Handles You Considered Or Use Elsewhere?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I know this place is about IRL names and faces. I've had a few funny or somewhat goofy screen name ideas pop in to my head from time to tome..

Whenever I see someone posting about Steamboat I think I'd go Steamy Mc Boatface if that was my home mountain. I'm "SomeJongGuy" over at TGR but never really got in to that vibe, probably still under 50 posts there total.

What are some goofy screen name ideas for a ski forum? Preferably that aren't already taken by others, just you or no one?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A guy on Miata new had the handle "Qwerty", someone asked him what it meant, he just said type it out.

I know @Tricia would love "Banana Pants" but as respect to @Lynne Wieland she didn't go that way, athough for Lynn I think she would. :eek:
fullsizeoutput_3aa.jpeg

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I think I could make Banana Pants work for me as my handle back in the stretch pants days..:roflmao:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I was Close2Chaos in another lifetime. (Note my last name).

I've considered Plausible Deniability, never used it.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I have been
'meh' - self explanatory
'Spin Cycle Hero' - I really am good at laundry too :P
''Calico Pig' - had my (fat) cat as avatar there
'TheCleaner' - avatar was a Photoshop of Michael McManus as Kai with a shopvac

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
Climbing related, not skiing, but I have used or considered using 'myrackisbiggerthanyours'. I think some people thought it was hunting related though ;D

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
I think I could make Banana Pants work for me as my handle back in the stretch pants days..:roflmao:
Ok, if we ever meet and I instantly start cracking up, just understand I am picturing you in stretch pants, banana yellow stretch pants . . . Don't take it personally, there aren't many men who could pull that off, even in the 80s!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Climbing related, not skiing, but I have used or considered using 'myrackisbiggerthanyours'. I think some people thought it was hunting related though ;D
I did chuckle.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You know, I wouldn't have thought it was climbing, hunting or skiing related.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
You could use "My skis are Longer than your skis"

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I mean, bounceswoosh isn't ridiculous, is it?

And leave it to someone on TGR to see my handle and make an off-color comment about bouncing anatomy in a thread having nothing to do with usernames - I'd been giving TGR forums another chance, and that was definitely the last straw.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm Bob Lee on epic and in real life, Meadow Skipper on TGR, televisionary on earnyourturns, and...sometimes amlaq.

There's a story about that name amlaq. I fought wildfire all over for many years, and I was stationed in Alaska for a long time. This one time I was in a remote Yupik Eskimo village - Aniak - that was surrounded by wildfires. I was running a staging area that transferred firefighters and supplies from airplanes to helicopters and shuttled them out to the fires. I'd hired a number of the local Yupiks to help out and one woman I'd hired gave me the nickname of Umlaq, which essentially meant mustache.

I was kind of proud of that, and so one day when a number of villagers had wandered out to the airstrip and were standing around in a group to watch the excitement, that woman introduced me as Bob. I told the locals "yeah, but you can call me Amlaq (see how I changed it a little). Now Yupik Eskimos are a very polite and somewhat quiet people, and when I said Amlaq they got real quiet and started flashing looks at each other, then they started softly chuckling, then giggling, and finally laughing out loud and looking away from me.

I was confused and looked at the woman who'd nicknamed me, who was laughing so hard she had tears in her eyes, and asked what the hell? It took her a while to calm down, but finally she told me "You have to be careful how you pronounce your words. Umlaq means the hair that grows from your lip. Amlaq is the word for the hair that grows between your legs." I'd just told the people of Aniak to call me pubic hair.

Also Bad Knots on a climbing forum.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My other handle is short for a Taco Bell order, so, yeah, ridiculous. Pinto.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
bbinder everywhere. Otherwise I would never remember my user name. I did once consider The Banana Viking.

Sponsor