• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Reviews from Mother's Day at A-Basin 2017

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Please post your reviews here and we will add them to the Thumbnail Reviews by Brands threads. Write a paragraph or so about the ski you tested, and then add
  • Who is it for?
  • Who is it not for?

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Head Kore 105

I spent the better part of two days on the 105 in truly spring conditions at A Basin. Although the 180 cm test length is shorter than I would purchase I never felt like I needed more ski in the corn, mank, slush and slop. I skied it slow, I skied it fast, open bowls to groomers to bumps to steeps -- all pure delight. The Kore series is light but doesn't suffer the consequences of it's weight like most reduced-calorie skis. The tip holds true, engages as expected and tracks marvelously through variable conditions. It was an exceptionally stable platform on edge that boosted my confidence to keep asking for more. The Kore 105 gave me all I wanted and then some.
  • Who is it for? Skiers wanting a lighter ski to challenge all areas of the mountain whether inbounds or in the backcountry.
  • Who is it not for? Riders looking to slarve and slide on groomers only. This ski deserves someone wanting to explore.
Where is the Renoun brand listing?

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
Head Kore 93

I skied the 93 for a spring day at A basin. I need a ski that makes me a better skier, a forgiving ski. I started with the 180 and then switched to the 171. At 5 ft 10 inches and 170 lbs, the 171 cm is a better fit. It went through the off piste spring snow with ease. On the groomers and an icy, steep run, it held an edge better than my current ski. I always felt in control. I am not a technically expert skier, so I can't speak for that group, but I do ski the entire mountain. I was confident with this ski. It responded and there was no break-in period.
This ski is very light which is really nice, but still torsionally strong. Nice ski.

Sponsor

Staff online