• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Ragged Mt March 19 and 20

Abubob

Booting up
Skier
Double Header

Day 1, March 19, first day of spring!

With low temps dropping into the 20s and predicted to rise to 40 I thought everything would have been slightly crusty but soften quickly. I was only half right. Everything on the Ragged side skied like a washboard with frozen corduroy for the morning. But the Spear side was actually a little powdery at the top and easy softer cord. So we skied several runs on Flying Yankee while some race training was going on. After lunch Ragged peak skied much better with the exception of the Ski Cross Terrain and Wildside. Both were ungroomed and difficult to ski because the lumpy snow was still too stiff to ski smoothly. But Exhibition, Newfound Ridge and Lower Ridge all skied very nicely. Having to save gas for the next day I stopped early 1-ish.

Frozen slush at the base of Village Green early Tuesday morning
IMG_3025.jpeg
IMG_4452.jpeg

Day 2. Spring snow squalls.

Everything skied beautifully with temperatures starting in the 30s and rising to about 40. The only thing not skiable was the manufactured moguls for an upcoming competition. I should’ve taken a photo but take my word for it, they were awful.

So while many are chasing power in Vermont with recent storms I and a couple friends were content with Ragged corduroy.

Snow squalls coming in over Spear Peak
IMG_3028.jpeg
IMG_4453.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online