• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Question about selling skis

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
HAH do they really say that about Markers? They hate 'em as much as I do?

Love my attack 13 bindings, tolerate my marker squires but HATE my marker griffons. Want to put my spare attack 13s on my Kenjas and sell the griffons but would anyone ever even buy them? IIRC you had a pair and sold them so maybe there's hope for mine lol

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Love my attack 13 bindings, tolerate my marker squires but HATE my marker griffons. Want to put my spare attack 13s on my Kenjas and sell the griffons but would anyone ever even buy them? IIRC you had a pair and sold them so maybe there's hope for mine lol

Yeah, I sold mine for $75 last week.

TallGuy

Getting on the lift
Skier
I think I have seen in past posts that you ski Sugar Bowl. My family and I also ski there and I am looking for some 90-100mm waist used skis for my wife, so please contact me when you are ready to sell.

Vintageski808

Old ski fanatic born too late
Skier
I've sold lots of different skis old and new, locally and on the internet. What I can say for the most part is it's always cheaper to ship without bindings or them separately, but the problem is most people don't want that. Cause they don't know how, or don't want to have to remount the bindings. It just depends on the buyer. Communications key. I alway let the buyer know his/her options.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I've sold lots of different skis old and new, locally and on the internet. What I can say for the most part is it's always cheaper to ship without bindings or them separately, but the problem is most people don't want that. Cause they don't know how, or don't want to have to remount the bindings. It just depends on the buyer. Communications key. I alway let the buyer know his/her options.
When shipping skis with bindings on they most likely will be base against base making the package size larger than you would like. One option might be to remove only one toe an heel so you can put the skis closer together making a smaller package. The package would be less money to ship and you will have some room to fit the removed parts in the same box. Leaving one binding in place will give an example to the new owner to remount the toe and heel.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have had skis shipped to me both ways, flat, and with bindings installed packed binding to binding ,tip to tail. The boxes were only marginally different in size.
6.25"x6.25" x 74" for the skis shipped with bindings, and 7"x5"x 74" for the skis shipped flat. . 20170512_093957_HDR_resized.jpg There was no difference in shipping cost, as far as I know. the vendor paid the shipping in both cases.

Sponsor