• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Props to Killington for pulling the season passes of 3 "sponsored" skiers

AaronFM

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Tonopah, NV. Speed limit through town is 25. Not 26, not 27. Word is out and most people go about 23 or 24 just to be sure.
Same with Woodstock VT. Wonder if Evan and his buddies got pulled over on their way home.

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
This thread seems to be extending to etiquette/behavior issues at resorts so I'll put it out there that Killington was the one and only place so far where I stepped into a gondola cabin and immediately got out because of the weed stench inside. It was my first time there and I was doing the free tour with a resort guide, who looked stunned. I've never experienced that anywhere else, including in substance-friendly Colorado. I don't partake myself but I don't mind, but the funk inside that cabin was beyond.

lololol

I, too, have been brutally hotboxed on a gondola at Killington. Only place it's ever happened!

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
lololol

I, too, have been brutally hotboxed on a gondola at Killington. Only place it's ever happened!
Lifties often try to give the locals our own boxes so we don't offend the visitors. Killington always has been a party town with a skiing problem. We have a blue collar mindset here at The Beast. The reason I call this place home. We support one of the best ski bum populations in the country.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Lifties often try to give the locals our own boxes so we don't offend the visitors. Killington always has been a party town with a skiing problem. We have a blue collar mindset here at The Beast. The reason I call this place home. We support one of the best ski bum populations in the country.
Just to be clear: I'm not offended, which implies a moral judgement. I'm of the "live and let live" persuasion.

Anybody can smoke anywhere they want as long as it doesn't inconvenience others. If someone insists on smoking in a gondola cabin because they just can't wait 10 minutes to do it outside, they have to accept that it's going to annoy other people. Just the way those who go too fast in a slow zone could inconvenience (or way worse in that case) others.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
lololol

IMG_8251.jpeg

Lol the danger is real- I was trying to hang w the 20 year old WFT guys in Switzerland & ended petting cows…..

AaronFM

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I remember my brother relaying some interesting discussions at that year’s town meeting when the topic of appropriations to the county sheriff dept came up.

It's all good. Everyone gets a cut.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Why can’t we all get along and get some proper carving skis and drive the speed limit and always blame the other skier and never admit to smoking dope at a ski area?

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
No doubt, I was being sarcastic that posting up that speed was really lame.
IMG_5252.jpeg

If someone wants props for speed, a closed hill & B netting are where they ought to be, not a Day1 Jerry of the Day Highway.

I’d expect a skilled skier to be near 60 & would look slow making turns on the above surface.

Looking like you are rolling the windows down like a Parlor fan boi is not the look I’m ever after.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
The worst offenders are the ones that imitate Candide, dressed the same, same posture. Only difference is a world and light years of skill.

Sponsor

Staff online