• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northeast Thread

TS
Read Blinn

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Conditions yesterday at Stowe (see NE Gathering): warm, soft, slushy bumps and corn. Some bare spots and a few slush pools towards the end of the day, but pretty few, considering, and the mountain skied brilliantly. Saw Josh, briefly, but didn't get to ski with him — he was on duty. Today it rained pretty heavily. It's hard to say how the rest of the season will do.

I'd like to know how Sugar Bush and Jay are faring — Southern Vermont seems much worse off.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Jay is calling for snow tonight??

Tremblant fared well too. They closed the Edge today. It's usually the first to go....less snowmaking over there. Versant Soleil will be next. Closing date is still April 10th I hear.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Conditions yesterday at Stowe (see NE Gathering): warm, soft, slushy bumps and corn. Some bare spots and a few slush pools towards the end of the day, but pretty few, considering, and the mountain skied brilliantly. Saw Josh, briefly, but didn't get to ski with him — he was on duty. Today it rained pretty heavily. It's hard to say how the rest of the season will do.

I'd like to know how Sugar Bush and Jay are faring — Southern Vermont seems much worse off.
We were at Jay and skied this past Sunday through Tuesday. Conditions were very firm with quite a few scraped off places and some beautiful blue ice, most of which you could see ahead of time. They got 6 inches or so of heavy snow Tuesday night - naturally we we leaving Wednesday morning. Any bumps were hard and no fun - that's the report, I didn't go near them. And some of the group went into the Timbuktu trees but also reported that as unpleasant.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah in a season of low snow, Stowe's snowmaking and coverage are leaps and bounds above the rest. Sorry I could not ski with you guys Read!.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Great snow at Stowe today. No * required! Probably 6 inches or so of dense cold snow.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
3/29/16 Killington Report
Wind driving the lingering morning snow with most lifts on hold. Helped the liftie clear the snow off the Snowden Quad seat as we hopped on. Sprinted over to the NorthRidge to cut-up the almost 5 inches of full bodied snow. East Fall gathered and held on to the most snow. Cascade on the other hand was spotty with pockets of new snow over the groomed frozen wet surface from yesterday. Best turns were behind the ropes with Upper Ridge Run, Escapade, Middle Downdraft, Chute, Northstar and Middle Ovation all winners.
Morning runs over on Skye Peak were private as few found their way over. Gondola started loading at 11:30 with the Superstar quad coming on line near noon. Summit temperature checked in at 20 degrees. Breaks of sun mixed in as the afternoon weather cleared up. Bumpers were working building a line on the skiers right side of Lower Superstar later in the day.

Grade B

Quote of the Day - This is like our fourth biggest storm of the year.
Lower East Fall (1).jpg
Lower East Fall
Riding Cascade.jpg
Riding on Cascade
New Snow.jpg
Middle Ovation

Tominator

Totally in the present
Skier
Sunapee threw in the towel. Cannon, Loon, Bretton Woods, and Wildcat are the only ones left open in Hew Hampshire. Argh!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I got an email from Stowe saying they are still planning on April 24.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Killington is looking to remain open past April into May. Chances of making until Memorial Day look slim.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Yup. And Okemo is closing this weekend. Mostly done down this way.

From the Okemo snow report page:
All skiing and riding operations will be out of the Jackson Gore Base Area.The Clock Tower base lifts and lodge will not be operational for the remainder of the season

Ouch. :(

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Stowe 66 degrees and incredibly icy this morning. Still trying to figure that one out. Got a few runs in before getting to work on my ark. Low at the summit is supposed to be 9 tonight, so tomorrow should be FUN! Oh well, still in better shape than my friend who was just told by the doctor today that he blew both ACLs in one fall.

TS
Read Blinn

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Stowe 66 degrees and incredibly icy this morning. Still trying to figure that one out. Got a few runs in before getting to work on my ark. Low at the summit is supposed to be 9 tonight, so tomorrow should be FUN! Oh well, still in better shape than my friend who was just told by the doctor today that he blew both ACLs in one fall.

Ugh.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor

Sorry to hear about your friend.
Cannon tomorrow should be similar to Stowe, conditions-wise.
I wonder who will show up for lessons....

Sponsor

Staff online