• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Movie Memorabilia auction site like Bring a Trailer?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
John Eaves is donating his Olin Mark VI (Serial No 007) skis that he skied in the Spy Who Loved Me with proceeds to go to the US Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame. While these have some value to some skiers, to a James Bond collector, they will be a significantly more desirable.

Does anyone know a site that hosts auctions like this that will work with a non profit?

vmatxsloak_2448110362771-2-1.jpg

vmatxsloak_2448110362771-1-0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You could try propstore.com

They have hosted auctions for Adam Savage

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What was the result of these Skis being Auctioned?
They found a home with someone who really appreciated them, in fact he was at Cortina at the ski jumps just prior to winning these. He also got to ski with John Eaves for the day. Everyone was happy with with the results.

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
The perfect ending to the story!
Too cool.
It took me about 5 years of pinging the internet and eBay in particular to finally come across a pair like the movie skis.
Then I decided not to bid on that eBay auction.
Two weeks later another pair showed up, different one, and because of the photo location (near a stair rail) I could tell it was the same seller.
That time I decided to go for it and I am glad I did. It wasn’t until they arrived that I discovered I definitely picked the better pair because they came with Orange and Black Tyrolia RD bindings - a close match to the ones Roger Moore steps into in the movie!
Anyway the Comp SL tails are part of my Avatar.

Sponsor