• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mostly wine stuff

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Happy VD

Having a 2013 Isosceles, quite nice, has legs that just hang. Tried a photo but just didn't turn out.

Even drank it from a Stem .. :)

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Ay @pete , you were meant to become a wine snob sooner or later :roflmao:

I am drinking third day of an 11 buck medoc from Trader Joe's. Nothing spectacular but definitely something i am happy to drink, particularly at this price! View attachment 225477
I am a BIG believer in the basic proposition that ordinary people don't drink grand cru burgundy every day. Good every day wines are a must! I'll post a Nebbiolo from Langhe if I get a chance that was out of this world good for $15.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I am a BIG believer in the basic proposition that ordinary people don't drink grand cru burgundy every day. Good every day wines are a must! I'll post a Nebbiolo from Langhe if I get a chance that was out of this world good for $15.

Oh yeah, and unlike generic Bordeaux that can be a bit of a toss, I still have to be disappointed by a Medoc. There is something about the soil I am sure, but they are always dry and structured, mineral, earthy, interesting. Or, at least so far, hahaha.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ay @pete , you were meant to become a wine snob sooner or later :roflmao:

I am drinking third day of an 11 buck medoc from Trader Joe's. Nothing spectacular but definitely something i am happy to drink, particularly at this price!
funny,

I guess the once every 3 mo aligns to other activities as one ages ... :roflmao:

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yes, ‘67
Sweet. Have had a few air cooled (74 Carrera, 84 Csrrera and a 90 Carrera 2) but not such a classic. Lived in Minnesota for a couple of years 2010/11 and my neighbor across the street had a red, short wheelbase.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sounds like you had some nice cars.
Yes, the SWB car has such a wonderful, raw feel.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
20240217_202014.jpg

2018 really nice roundness, just opened 2017 but first sip surprising very similar, a wee more smooth, depth

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
After two weeks of coughing I'm finally at the point where I'm interested in wine again. This is a 2015 50/50 blend of Barbera and Nebbiolo. It's not a lifetime highlight wine, but it's special in that it's exactly the right age for what it is. It has a balance of fruit, earth, tannin, and acid that you just don't get in a new wine. Just scrumptious - an intellectual hedonist.
1000001105-01.jpeg

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Went to this dinner a couple weeks ago, and though not quite a substitute for my scuttled trip to Piemonte, it was very pleasant. Great food and conversation with Massimo Ponte on how he thinks football has gone to hell ( Especialy Juventus) and his families wines of which he presented three examples. The Roero, Barbera, and Barolo were all very good.
Opened a bottle of the Barbera tonight which complimented very nicely my homemade picci pasta with spicy sausage tomato sauce. Loved the way the freshness and fruit of the wine balanced out and enhanced the spices (especially the fennel) of the sausage

For dessert I watched a show about some young Italians riding bikes along the Strada Del Vino in the Alto Adige/Sudtirol.
They stopped at all the wineries along the way. Very interesting variety of wines and vinticulture and spectacular scenery. Even a shot of Reinhold Messner along the side of the road in his vinyard.

Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 8.05.12 PM.png 18E009C0-324B-4F18-A1AC-FF075F018C69.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online