• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Moose are fast

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
WOW :hail:

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
I encountered a moose doing sweep at Sugarloaf one night. I didn't want to wait it out so I climbed up a ways and got a good 30-40 mph tuck going so I could out run it. If I missed your dying body stuck in the woods that night my apologies....

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Moose frequently hang on my street. They're generally docile but when those hackles go up it's time to find cover. I've only been chased once. They're faster than me but aren't good at cornering.

This is one of two second years that were raised in our hood. Now that momma is no longer around things are a little less hazardous. For some reason they're fond of blocking my driveway when I want to get in.

IMG_1915.JPG

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Years ago friends of my dad went skidooing in northern Ontario. Drove down the logging road as far as they could go. Ride for about 5-6hours and on the return leg ran across moose tracks following them right up to their car.

Apparently, the moose decided the car was trespassing during the rut and adjusted all the body panels free of charge.

Evil moose.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Again several (25-30) years ago, up state New York, a Clydesdale owner had a lost Quebec moose terrorize his horses during rut season.

Apparently the moose was looking for a mate and not finding a suitable girl friend decided that the horses looked close enough.

The farmer said the horses were really jumpy for a while.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Geez...what's the matter, didn't that moose buy a day pass? The nanny state knows no bounds.

At least the didn't kill them. At my local hill a few years ago, a momma bear and her two cubs were playing in the snow, while the mountain was still open for skiing, and the f#@kers shot them dead.

And yeah, a moose can run 40 mph.
Moose didn't follow the park rulz..

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Okay ............ wait a min........... just analyzed that vid.......... as someone living in the "sticks" of VT and looking at this.......... they were on a snowboard and stopped at the end of the film on a flat where they could have potentially been completely at the mercy of a full on charge. It's pure luck that the moose didn't change direction toward them. Just showed the vid to my assistant... she said "Holy cow, what a moron!" Then again, I can appreciate (being a transplant to VT) that many are unfamiliar w/ the carnal damage animals can do in the blink of an eye...........

Sponsor

Staff online