• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Madrussian Skis

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Alta ? VT?

I do. I don't plan this far out. Usually 2 to 3 weeks out at best

BTW if all goes as planned should be mailing skis late next week. No promise but is a possibility
Hopefully you let us know when you are coming to Utah. Maybe you can get a group together to demo your fine skis and make some future sales

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My skis are done and they sure look good. Thank you @mishka for building these for me. I’m looking forward to them being delivered to me and having the tough decision of what color of binding to put on them.
My bench will be cleared with a cozy spot for them when they arrive.

66E1850E-B5C3-40D8-B982-3CA7C1739DB4.jpeg
49D34D0D-5EC5-4BDE-B820-72CD84936460.jpeg

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Bindings -- I'd either match the yellow (in store, with skis) so it highlights that color or go with a neutral. Anything else would detract from it and those skis deserve better.

@mishka -- Have you put any bindings up against them yet?

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Bindings -- I'd either match the yellow (in store, with skis) so it highlights that color or go with a neutral. Anything else would detract from it and those skis deserve better.

@mishka -- Have you put any bindings up against them yet?

haha no
plain black will be on my new MR-86

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
They may. Silver is neutral. I expect the odds of finding a yellow binding to match are pretty slim.

As much as people say topsheets don't matter, I've been relieved by the posts on here about matching and complementary binding colors.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am still convinced they do really, really well with shiny silver bindings.

Vist, Neox.

The contrast between metallic sheen and wood does wonders for both.

They may. Silver is neutral. I expect the odds of finding a yellow binding to match are pretty slim.

As much as people say topsheets don't matter, I've been relieved by the posts on here about matching and complementary binding colors.
For me matching will only go so far. Since I have Pivots and Attacks not being used, I will most likely use one of them that are black, white, red, green, or even an orange FKS.
I thought a Pivot in raw (silver) would look good but since I don’t have any of those stashed, I doubt that will happen.
I originally told @mishka I was going to use a demo binding so I could ski it in different mount points. When I told my wife I bought skis her first question (anytime I buy skis) was, can I use a binding I have hidden from her in the garage or do I plan on buying new bindings.
My answer to her means I shouldn’t buy anything else but can always trade something for them

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For me matching will only go so far. Since I have Pivots and Attacks not being used, I will most likely use one of them that are black, white, red, green, or even an orange FKS.
I thought a Pivot in raw (silver) would look good but since I don’t have any of those stashed, I doubt that will happen.
I originally told @mishka I was going to use a demo binding so I could ski it in different mount points. When I told my wife I bought skis her first question (anytime I buy skis) was, can I use a binding I have hidden from her in the garage or do I plan on buying new bindings.
My answer to her means I shouldn’t buy anything else but can always trade something for them
I was gonna say a Pivot gold, but barring that, something in black from your stash. :)

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I knew I had skis coming so when I got a message from home that I had a package delivered that seems like it might have skis in it I headed home.
To say the skis inside were packed well wouldn’t be giving enough credit to @mishka.
To have skis and a new iron delivered the same day tells me that we will have above average snow totals this season.

61DFDA24-430A-45CB-9C46-FDD46A20AAC8.jpeg

B06C94AE-979C-4AD8-8ED7-CAAF788A6F6D.jpeg

BA4AB635-0248-4205-A8C5-697979D7E4B0.jpeg
7DD2FDE2-B60C-4F4F-8CAA-20C75A217FF6.jpeg

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
I knew I had skis coming so when I got a message from home that I had a package delivered that seems like it might have skis in it I headed home.
To say the skis inside were packed well wouldn’t be giving enough credit to @mishka.
To have skis and a new iron delivered the same day tells me that we will have above average snow totals this season.

View attachment 143141
View attachment 143138

View attachment 143139 View attachment 143140
Love the aesthetics of those skis. Beautiful. Great job @mishka. And enjoy those sticks @jmills115 .

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Love the aesthetics of those skis. Beautiful. Great job @mishka. And enjoy those sticks @jmills115 .
thank you. It was difficult to let them go lol. @jmills115 MR102 looks so much nicer compared to mine. I'm starting to think to press new veneer graphic on my MR102. At least I got new MR 86 with similar graphics from me after this summer skiBuilding season

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
thank you. It was difficult to let them go lol. @jmills115 MR102 looks so much nicer compared to mine. I'm starting to think to press new veneer graphic on my MR102. At least I got new MR 86 with similar graphics from me after this summer skiBuilding season
If you make it to Utah I might let you ski them :)
As good as they look in the posted pictures, they look better in person.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 143141
View attachment 143138

View attachment 143139 View attachment 143140
Black pivot for sure!!!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Gorgeous skis. I have become more interested in a NE ski maker for my next pair. I feel like there's an additional level of understanding what we need for our conditions.

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Gorgeous skis. I have become more interested in a NE ski maker for my next pair. I feel like there's an additional level of understanding what we need for our conditions

MR 102 I ski often here in New England, more often than you would think
can't wait to test my new MR-86 . Which :crossfingers: will be my Vermont daily driver

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Alright you've got my attention. I know @cantunamunch was trying to get me to meet up with you guys and then covid happened. Let's ski together this coming season. I will reply back to your pm.
IMO wight of the ski it's only one aspect in ski performance. Of course 100+ ski do not perform like GS or SL ski and I don't expect it, but I usually take my 102 out even on groomer day to ski. "Stratton powder"= scrapings 6 foot on edge of the trail and it's a lot more fun to me compared to stay on ice in the middle of the trail on much narrower skis

Sponsor

Staff online