• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lodge socks...really really really warm lodge socks.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Herself collects socks.

She mostly wears them around the house. Her feet will get cold while the other bits are just fine.

Just before the New Year she picked up a pair of these:
https://www.heatholders.com/collections/ladies-crew-length-socks/products/ladies-original-socks

She has worn these socks exactly once and they were so warm she wound up sweating in them (the thermostat is set to 68F and there are chillier spots in the house.) They were so warm that she made me start this thread. :D She also now feels ripped off by the "world's softest socks" that she bought the week before because these are actually softer.

FWIW I think the EXP thermal socks sold at Canadian Tire are actually from the same supplier. Different thermal rating tho.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/exp-thermal-socks-women-s-2991818p.html

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
They probably are. I worked for a food manufacturer years ago. We made our product and many other "house" brand products for grocery stores. Same stuff, different package.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Since our house is normally set to 62 and only under massive retaliation from me because of the negative temperatures outside for the last three weeks has it been raised to 66 (and I'm sitting now in a Polartec coat with a hood), I'm going to see if those things are on Amazon.....Hmmm... Might wait to see if hers hold up. Sounds like an issue.

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
When we were kids we'd put our gloves/mittens on our feet to warm up the toes and walk around the lodge when giving the dogs a boot break. It was both practical and hilarious!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I live in socks in the house, so anything wears out.

I've found REI socks of the desired thickness last as long or as little as the Big, Fancy Brands (Smartwool, Darn Tough, etc.) at typically less than half the price.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

I've found REI socks of the desired thickness last as long or as little as the Big, Fancy Brands (Smartwool, Darn Tough, etc.) at typically less than half the price.

LOL that is the one thing about socks stocked by Canadian Tire - they cannot remotely be described as, 'fancy'.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier

So do I, and with a lot of surprise slipping and sliding going on from one rug runner to the next! :eek:

I buy (hoard), whatever "Big Fancy Brands" with a designated Left and Right foot socks that I happen to find at Tjmaxx. The collection of socks, all filling a specific niche, commandeered three large drawers along with protesters occupying an entropic pile on the floor! Without doubt a collection @SkiNurse would approve of;) ...and yet it seems the correct pair for the given shoe, activity, etc., are almost always undercover seeking asylum in one of my two hampers!

albertanskigirl

aka Sabrina
Skier
I have those heat holders - and i wear them like slippers. I love them! They are stupid warm. I got them at Mark's.

SO then got me these as a present at the Butterdome Craft Fair in Edmonton:

http://www.thermohair.com/Socks_c_1.html

And they are even better! Not only are they just as warm, but your feet don't sweat, and they don't stink. They're amazing. I have the regular socks, and am now eyeing the blankets and toques.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January