• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

International (Europe/Japan/Southern Hemisphere) Ischgl

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
3 of us are flying this Friday night out of Toronto to Munich, then staying in Landeck Austria , our home base to ski Ischgl, St. Anton-Lech, Serfaus-Ladis-Fiss.

We spent a few days last year in Ischgl, and did ski down to Samaun.
It's a little village with some very expensive shops, worth a ski down for a looksy.

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
When I've asked about Ischgl, the response is, stay away, too many drunk Germans dancing in ski boots. I ended up doing a day of off piste skiing there last March on my way to the Heidleberger Hut so I missed out on the après ski scene in town. I was very impress by the lift system and terrain. We went down the Swiss side, but not all the way to Samnaun. We hit it on a bluebird day after a foot plus snowfall, so hard not to like it with those conditions. I would not hesitate to go back.

hamingvejs

Hit me up, if you want to meet me on mount
Skier
Well I, on the other hand, have a very good impression about Ischgl as me and my family was there earlier this year. Not only they offered more than 30 pistes for both professionals and beginners, but also there were plenty of restaurants and other activities to do, which kids absolutely loved. All together we spent there 4 days and we were particularly lucky with the weather conditions as there were plenty of sunshine and snow.
Considering that we were 4 people, we decided to go for a transfer from ski-transfers.com, as we also had much luggage to carry. The skis we rented on the spot. Though the accommodation, which was only 3 kilometers from the resort, we booked nearly 3 months ahead.

TonyC

Contact me at bestsnow.net
Pass Pulled
We were in Ischgl Feb. 1-3 at the end of our Austria trip. TR's and pics:
http://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12295
http://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12298

Ischgl is the one big Austrian ski complex at relatively high altitude. Most of the skiing is between 6,500 and 9,400 feet. One of the reasons we were there is that there was a storm with rain/snow line at 5,500 right before we arrived. The new snow was heavy and the base was thin but at least it was snow not the rain is would have been at most Austrian ski areas.

Primary exposure on the Ischgl side is NW, so Ischgl is a good candidate for the latter part of the season, certainly better than St. Anton with its sunny exposure. Off piste is not super steep, but with a decent snowpack would still be lots of fun, especially off the E lifts.

DanishRider

Getting off the lift
Skier
Been there +15 times - Nice area, and very good skiing in two countries. Not much happening on the swiss side of area, but the area is taxfree! The area have 90% of their pistes above 2000 meters, so very snow-sure, and a lot of the area is facing north, and ensure good conditions all season! Don't expect anything to be cheap anywhere, since it is one of the more upscale places, but that also means that people get up late, and you have the powder all to yourself until midday!
Let me know i can help you in any way!

Sponsor

Staff online