• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

In car boot warmers.

Wallace

Booting up
Skier
Maybe my memory is getting old. Back in the old days I remember someone making an in car boot warmer that actually worked. It had a heating element and a fan. All the ones that I see now do nothing. They have little bity fans and no heat or they have heating tubes that have to have a 12v to 120v converter and no fan. Does anyone remember the ones that I remember? If so who makes them?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I think I posted elsewhere I have his and hers Dakine Boot Lockers - I put a $25 car seat warmer in the boot bag and now she has warm and toasty boots every time.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I have Thermic heaters plugged into a jumper box, which I have to confess I bought for just that purpose. The Thermic heaters were blowing out the fuse of my old Audi when plugged into the cigarette lighter (old car). I have normal (120v) Dry n Warm boot sticks which I could plug into the outlet in the trunk of my new car, but was afraid of blowing the electrical system because of my prior experience. Their packaging has not a hint of what the draw (watts? I'm hopeless at electrical stuff.) is. Nice to hear Dry Guy (appear to be the same as my Dry n Warm) is safe in Wallace's car. The Thermic heaters are 12v, 50 w. It works, which is why I haven't been tempting problems. The Thermic heaters just get warm, no fans. Frankly, they are a bit too warm for extended use. Which is why they probably blow car fuses.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1. Get up.
2. Plug in heated boot bag.
3. Move to car, use cig lighter connection.

Marcel

Booting up
Skier
I decided to forgo my heated bag sometime ago, now I simply put my boots in the passenger and set the car heat to the lower vents, it usually takes ~40m from home to ski boots are warm and easy to put on when I get there! I might go back to my bag at some point but for now I don't really see the need, but I also drive alone most of the time so this might not work if you carpool or have some other skier in the car

Sponsor

Staff online