• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How many remounts?

Mickey

Booting up
Skier
I have the opportunity to buy some great, lightly used, skies. They have already been mounted twice, though. (Looks like the previous owner moved his mounting point.) What's the consensus on mounting a 3rd time?

I need to measure the existing holes to see where they land. I don't have bindings picked yet, so I could select based on re-using or avoiding what's there. Unless luck is really on my side, I assume re-using is unlikely. I suppose demo bindings could help here.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Three is the guideline, I have seen more than that, just make sure the new holes are far enough away from any existing holes.

LeLeedler

Racer at Heart
Skier
I have the opportunity to buy some great, lightly used, skies. They have already been mounted twice, though. (Looks like the previous owner moved his mounting point.) What's the consensus on mounting a 3rd time?

I need to measure the existing holes to see where they land. I don't have bindings picked yet, so I could select based on re-using or avoiding what's there. Unless luck is really on my side, I assume re-using is unlikely. I suppose demo bindings could help here.
I agree with Phil here three is kinda a little more than enough but, local legend tells me people have done as many as five remounts. Yeah stick with a maximum of three.

Sponsor