• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Interesting designs

1696443641914.png

1696443722595.png

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be making some more racks. Anyone want to see something different? I have few ideas based on what I done before. Might make sliding holders, might not.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'll be making some more racks. Anyone want to see something different? I have few ideas based on what I done before. Might make sliding holders, might not.
I have been thinking about a french cleat type holder.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
No idea what that is

1697142582626.png
1697142597549.png

That is a US product. I am sure they have very similar item for the Euro market. Primary used by the plumbing and electrical trades.
Just have to cut the cleat out of a piece of 1x3. Clip the corners so it would fit into the toe binding. Mount the unistrut on the wall. Screw the cleat onto the spring nut with a 1/4"-20 (M6) flat head machine screw and you are good to go.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 213000 View attachment 213001

That is a US product. I am sure they have very similar item for the Euro market. Primary used by the plumbing and electrical trades.
Just have to cut the cleat out of a piece of 1x3. Clip the corners so it would fit into the toe binding. Mount the unistrut on the wall. Screw the cleat onto the spring nut with a 1/4"-20 (M6) flat head machine screw and you are good to go.

Ah ok, thanks, will check it. But that all wooden solution above looks super nice.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ah ok, thanks, will check it. But that all wooden solution above looks super nice.
I thought so too and it would look nice in someone's home if they are limited on space for ski storage.

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought so too and it would look nice in someone's home if they are limited on space for ski storage.
Working on it. Prototype 2-3 this weekend, I hope. Unless to do the cherry headboard shelving that has been on my bench for almost a year. :)

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Why not doing a "continuous" rail, so that one shitfs the skis instead of the hanger? What is the disadvantage vs a "single" ski hanger in your solution, @Dwight ?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Why not doing a "continuous" rail, so that one shitfs the skis instead of the hanger? What is the disadvantage vs a "single" ski hanger in your solution, @Dwight ?
I suspect that some toe pieces wouldn't provide enough to catch the rail if it were continuous. The extra overhang from mimicking the lug of a boot gives more grip.

There is a lot of variation of the size of 'wings' on bindings and how far they extend from the top of the lug toward the sole of the lug.

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm confused about what you are asking. Do you mean something like this?

1697205960909.png

Sponsor

Staff online