• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
When it's crowded I just sasha over to the slow chairs. Ride & slide with no lines. Knowing Phils taste in the finer things in life pretty sure Tricai is a sports model not an antique. ;-)

Jeff N

I'm an anachronism
Skier
Guess this chair?
27232_1342548517022_6392758_n.jpg

The old Exhibition Triple at A-Basin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Talking to a friend who works on lifts today. Regarding that Borvig down in WV, she says you couldn't pay her to ride that. All of the ones that failed at Sugarloaf were Borvigs, even the one that tipped over this summer. Apparently Suicide Six is replacing theirs right now after finding that there was just no way to make it safe. The lift industry is scared that the Feds will come in and mandate standards that could obsolete all lifts built before a certain date. If that happens, it could be curtains for a number of smaller areas.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Photo credit
Andrew Horton - Northern Edge Sports Muskegeon Michigan
15439861_10202795988898115_8650212173802970112_n.jpg

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Gotta love the center pole. How many times have you knocked your head on one of those?
.... or accidentally sat in the middle :eek:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
campbell chair.jpg

Looking down the old Campbell Basin chair (Chair 6) at Crystal Mountain. It was replace a few years ago due to another avalanche with a new double in the same place. Only about 1,000' vertical, but oh my the 1K it gives you. It would be a candidate for my favorite chairlift.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I like watching people bitch that A-Basin is installing a fixed grip for the Beavers expansion, because apparently they want it to be closed during storms when that's the new tree/glade storm skiing terrain.

Of the two resorts where I have passes now, Black Mountain Express at A-Basin is the only detachable. I'm gonna have to lap Sundance like crazy.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I like watching people bitch that A-Basin is installing a fixed grip for the Beavers expansion, because apparently they want it to be closed during storms when that's the new tree/glade storm skiing terrain.

Of the two resorts where I have passes now, Black Mountain Express at A-Basin is the only detachable. I'm gonna have to lap Sundance like crazy.
Sundance ROCKS!

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
On a bluebird day there's nothing better than an old double taking its time
When its dumping out we used to judge the day by how deep it was...on your lap

When it was nice out my favorite ride was old chair 5 in the back bowls, lots to see, do and enjoy and there was skiing too

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
As an update to my post last fall...

This winter I acquired a Jones Flagship (yes...a snowboard). Between it being the flagship of my fleet, and giving into the superstition that it's unlucky to not name your boat, I decided she needed a name. She has been since named "Old Spruce", a homage to the old Spruce Triple at Sunday River. Here she is on her maiden voyage to Austria...

IMG_4977_2.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Chuter at Mt Rose.
IMG_5127.JPG.jpeg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
From Al's Blog...

The Future of Pallavicini Lift
5-23-17%2B2.JPG

I continue to receive questions about the future of Pali Lift. Eventually, all lifts reach an age when they need substantial renovation or replacement. Installed in 1978, Pali is in her Golden Years. While an exact date has not been set, we anticipate replacing the double chairlift in the next few years. We plan on replacing the lift with another double chairlift in the exact same location. The new lift will likely have a galvanized finish versus current Pali's shiny black finish. Other than that, and being brand new, the next Pali Lift will perform and feel very much like the old Pali Lift. We consciously made the decision to keep that special, classic, double chair, intimate feel. I know some people would like to see a detachable quad there but, we chose to keep this "Classic Colorado Experience."

When the time comes, we do plan on selling the old chairs. Exactly when and how has not yet been determined. When we do know, we will make sure you know.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
I want one.

Me toooooooo. It seems like too much of a coincidence that just when I finally have a patio that could fit a ski chair, A-Basin is close to getting rid of the Pali lift. Must be fate. ;)

I thought they were getting rid of it this summer, though! Guess I'll have to wait a few more years...

Sponsor